Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: carver amplifiers ??  (Read 6542 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re: carver amplifiers ??
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2004, 06:04:57 PM »
awesome moke +t

i followed suit and set up the same arangement this morning...so far it sounds nice.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re: carver amplifiers ??
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 12:58:40 PM »
i might be stupid for doing this, but with my current setup i can't really enjoy these and the few broken things i can't really afford to get fixed.  I was thinking maybe i should sell them and try to put the money towards a v3 which i could definitely enjoy a lot more.  however, i have no idea how much any of this stuff costs, nor how much its worth nowadays.  I was helping some of you guys could help me out with prices before i put them up on ebay.

Polk CS100 center speaker - seems to work perfectly.

Polk Monitor Series M3 monitors - one speaker doesn't work, the other one sounds like ass, so i figured maybe i could sell them for parts.

Polk Real Time Array Series RTA-BTL stereo speakers - i'm keeping these.

Velodyne V-1012-B sub - seems to work perfectly, however the power button is broken and you just have to hit this little button.  the speaker box was also a little moldy, but was easily wiped off.

Yamaha MX-M70 mono amp - never tried this.

Adcom Digital GDD-1 - turns on just fine, but i don't have any of the proper cables to to actually test it.

Lexicon CP-3 THX surround sound processor - also turns on fine, but i don't have any cables to test it.

Carver TFM-6C - sounds ok, but when you move the gain/volume knobs theres static.

Carver TFM-6CB - sounds great, works great.

Carver TFM-15 Power amp - sounds great, works great.  only on the front there are analog needles for the levels, which look really cool, only they're stuck in one position.

Carver Sonic Holography Preamp C-5 - missing the power button and it doesn't turn on.  I'd imagine if spent a little bit of money on having this fixed, this whole system would be really nice, but i just don't have the money or the time.

all of stuff is in good condition, with minor cosmetic things here and there, but they've been sitting in a basement for quite sometime.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com