Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AT 4051a's  (Read 5457 times)

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • At ease atleast yeah.
AT 4051a's
« on: October 27, 2003, 04:31:51 PM »
How many other people run these??
I'm waiting for mine!! Should be here this week with any luck...

One Q.... for those who run these, or have tapes of em..
What kinda pre sounds good with these??? I really wanna pickup a V3, but lack the $$$. Would like something with A/D.. might be able to borrow a SBM-1.... hrmm

-Jim

cpclark

Re:AT 4051a's
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 04:53:06 PM »
ive been running these mics for the past 4 months and i must say they are one of the most underated mics in the taping scene today.  i would say they are pretty colored, def. not flat mics, just look at the frequency chart in the pdf files of the mic.  i think the v3 would be a great match, even a minime would sound good, ive run mine with a denecke ad-20 which is a flat pre/ad and i like the results,  and i run an mp-2 lately, which isnt as good of a match, but sounds really good, i have my sights set on a v3 personally, ill be there in a couple of months probably.
ive heard tapes with teh beyer preamp, didnt like it, way to loose bass, lacking highs,  i used mp2->adc20, didnt like this combo either, way too bright, lacking bass.  V3 or minime would be the ultimate fit, both have there qualities, also a eaa psp3 would be a good fit too.  the sbm-1 would probably sound good too.  ITs always hard trying to find the right pre and im still doing it, if i could get my hands on a v2 and run V2->ad500e that would be ideal for me, hope these opinions help you., and +T for joining team audio technica

Offline jhirte

• At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 05:07:20 PM »
Cool thanks for the info!!
I'll see about running the SBM-1 and hope it turns out well.
As of right now, I'll just be running straight to DA-P1 and see how it sounds...
I need a pre!!
-Jim

cpclark

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 02:12:40 PM »
anyone know someone that wants to give there v2 a good new home, im game for getting one

Offline jhirte

• At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 06:59:11 PM »
Well,  I think once I get my settlement from the insurance co I'm gonna replace the stolen one and see about getting a V3... :)
-Jim

cpclark

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 01:47:12 PM »
i got a good deal on a v2, im pretty confident that 4051a -> v2 -> ad500e is gonna smoke, and for the apogee, literally

Offline jhirte

• At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2003, 07:01:14 PM »
excellent!!!
My settlement check should be ehre next week if they ever get on the ball... V3 V3 V3.
hehe
-Jim

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com