Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Making cables sucks balls  (Read 2661 times)

Offline hoobash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Making cables sucks balls
« on: November 06, 2003, 02:13:38 PM »
Anyone want to make me a pair??? I am cursing alot not worth the time

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
Re:Making cables sucks balls
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 02:22:53 PM »
Its not worth my time. I would be much better off with a couple more hours of work to pay for new ones. I got 1 connector on. I made the wires a little small on the second one. This kinda of crap just drives me nuts

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 02:30:59 PM »
I understand how to dig a ditch doesnt mean I want to. I understand how the cable works I just dont want to make one. I have buddy thats pretty good with this stuff maybe he will make them for me

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 08:08:11 PM »
send 'em back to me and I'll do them for you
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline chuckcage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Learning fast...
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 12:49:15 AM »
I get a better understanding of the essence of the hobby this way.  That is sort of why I dig building cables for recording.

I've been having that same thought, and I just got my package from markertec with materials for two long cables and two short 90 degree cables.  Gotta pick up a soldering iron this weekend and give it a shot.

This got me to thinking about cables for my PA rig, too.  A super-cheap 20' mic cable costs about $8-10.  This is for essentially a POS.  It looks like for about $13 I can have quad cable with Neutrik connectors.  AND a better understanding of how my rig works, and maybe even a chance to repair something if it breaks.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in and say that I've been thinking along those lines, too.

Now if was just goodf enough with the soldering iron to mod my spare Oktavas (or repair whatever's making them hiss sometimes). :(

Chuck
---
Currently:
C1000s/MK012 > PB224 > AD-20 > NJB3

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 10:53:01 AM »
A friend is going to help me with these. I understand all I need to know about how these cables are made. I just dont like making them

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2003, 08:58:44 AM »
I get a better understanding of the essence of the hobby this way.  That is sort of why I dig building cables for recording.

I've been having that same thought, and I just got my package from markertec with materials for two long cables and two short 90 degree cables.  Gotta pick up a soldering iron this weekend and give it a shot.

This got me to thinking about cables for my PA rig, too.  A super-cheap 20' mic cable costs about $8-10.  This is for essentially a POS.  It looks like for about $13 I can have quad cable with Neutrik connectors.  AND a better understanding of how my rig works, and maybe even a chance to repair something if it breaks.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in and say that I've been thinking along those lines, too.

Now if was just goodf enough with the soldering iron to mod my spare Oktavas (or repair whatever's making them hiss sometimes). :(

Chuck

and, what you make will probably be superior in quality to what you bought.

jr
we all live downstream.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com