Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I just bought my JB3 ....until I get mics...what cables do i need?  (Read 5738 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:I just bought my JB3 ....until I get mics...what cables do i need?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2003, 05:04:04 PM »
Jamie Lutch did all of the testing.. search Oade
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 05:59:04 PM »
Jamie Lutch did all of the testing.. search Oade

thanks for chiming in, i was thinking it was lutch

Offline blu666z

• AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 06:13:01 PM »
Radio Shack has it also.  They make a 6' bright ass orange one.  Don't think the package says coax though.

-Kevin

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 11:00:25 PM »

Where do I get the Coax cable??? or is it included?? :2confused:

You can pick one of these up pratically anywhere nowadays.  It looks like a fat RCA cable, with only one plug at each end (rather than 2).  Make sure it is a digital cable, it should say on the package.

Here's a quick lesson:

If you want to patch out of a DAT machines, plug your digital coax cable into the digi coax output and plug that into your CO2.  Switch the CO2 so it passes the coax dig signal as well as splitting off your optical signal.  This way, more DATs can go behind you, or even more CO2>JB3 or MD combos.  Plug the optical out of the CO2 into your Optical in on you JB3, and record (set to record with optical input).  You will need a Toslink to 1/8 mini optical cable for this.  I bought my Toslink>Toslink w/ 1/8 adapter at Radio Shack, but you can find them very cheap online.

If you want to patch out of the soundboard and there is no one else there:  figure out which plug you'll need to plug into the SBD:  RCA, 1/4", or XLR.  Use you various adapters to make your 20' RCA into a XXX SBD connection>20' RCA>1/8" miniplug.   Record using the line-in option.

I've never used the mic-in option, and I'm not sure how well it works.  You may want to investigate this.  Before I went crazy and bought a full rig last month, I was thinking of buying some Giant Squid or CSB mics to use with the mic-in...  But I got sucked into buying all these cool toys...  Its an addiction!

Good luck!

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline chuckcage

• Taperssection Regular
  • Learning fast...
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 11:56:42 PM »
...If you want to patch out of a DAT machines, plug your digital coax cable into the digi coax output and plug that into your CO2.  Switch the CO2 so it passes the coax dig signal as well as splitting off your optical signal.  This way, more DATs can go behind you, or even more CO2>JB3 or MD combos...

Have you done this successfully?  I mean, is anyone out there carrying around their NJB3 patching it into D8/DA-P1 chains?

Chuck
---
Currently:
C1000s/MK012 > PB224 > AD-20 > NJB3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com