Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DIY'er replacing WM-61 capsules - accepted replacement?  (Read 15560 times)

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: DIY'er replacing WM-61 capsules - accepted replacement?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 07:16:26 AM »
Primo EM-173 is a variant of the EM-172. The EM-173 can handle higher SPL but nominal output is lower.

Roger

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »
Primo EM-173 is a variant of the EM-172. The EM-173 can handle higher SPL but nominal output is lower.

Roger
What do you think of EM173?  I've got those.  I like the low noise, but I'm not sure about the sound.  Did you compare to the (smaller) EM158, or with WM61a?  I know I like Countryman B3 or others better, but I have not compared the Primo or Panasonic caps to each other.

Richard

Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 02:09:15 PM »
Richard,

I have no personal experience of the EM-173. The frequency response seems a bit rolled-off at the highest freqencies. Low noise makes them popular among nature recordists.

Roger

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »

Roger
What do you think of EM173?  I've got those.  I like the low noise, but I'm not sure about the sound.  Did you compare to the (smaller) EM158, or with WM61a?  I know I like Countryman B3 or others better, but I have not compared the Primo or Panasonic caps to each other.

Richard

BTW this is the same capsule as used in the zoom recorder as far as I know.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline wipeman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 05:06:36 AM »

Roger

Richard

BTW this is the same capsule as used in the zoom recorder as far as I know.

Chris

Are you sure? I thought the EM173 was an omni capsule. All the Zoom recorders I know of have cardioid mics.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com