Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: speaker repair  (Read 2047 times)

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
speaker repair
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:00:24 PM »
I have a speaker that is not working. (no sound)
I accidentally ran over the speaker cable with a vacuum and that was the end of the sound.
What should I look for to try and fix this speaker? I've tried different cables, no change.
The stereo still outputs sound on the channel, I swapped in a different speaker and it works fine.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: speaker repair
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:23:28 PM »
Initial suspicion would be a loose wire connection.  I'd unscrew the input terminal cup/plate and check that the input terminal connections to the crossover aren't compromised. On some speakers you need to unscrew and remove the woofer to get in there.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com