Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Sennheiser 4 capsule ambisonics mic

(1/3) > >>

beatkilla:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQzvVWyPMHI

F.O.Bean:
BADASS ;D I've obviously seen the Soundfield and Core Sound ambisonic mics before, but I'm glad to see another high end company like Sennheiser come out with one! I'd love to see Schoeps do an ambisonic mic, and I'd probably grab one and be done with it :) Cant beat unlimited configs/patterns and outputs/mixes from a single point & mic! I wouldn't have to setup 4 capsules, and could get away with just doing a couple of different mixes for each recording I would do! It could easily replace my 4 capsules!

Thanks for the link! I watched the whole video, and the mic looks really sweet taboot! Like I said, I'd love to see a Schoeps Ambisonic mic as well one of these days!

John Willett:
Unfortunately the Sennheiser mic. uses, AFAIAA, electret capsules.

I would have loved them to do one with high-spec MKH capsules (which I suggested to them about 15 or 20 years ago).

voltronic:

--- Quote from: John Willett on February 16, 2017, 03:37:25 AM ---Unfortunately the Sennheiser mic. uses, AFAIAA, electret capsules.

I would have loved them to do one with high-spec MKH capsules (which I suggested to them about 15 or 20 years ago).

--- End quote ---

You would think that for an application like this they would use the best capsules they have available, but maybe they were constrained by a price point.  Around $1650 US most places, but I imagine using their RF capsules would send that considerably higher.

John - would there be any difficulty in fitting RF demodulation circuits for 4 capsules into the one body?

larrysellers:
Schoeps sells this one for $8,299.00. 4 - ccm41 microphones.

The Schoeps ambisonic ORTF-3D Outdoor Set uses 4 - ccm41 + 4 - ccm41v microphones. All of this can be yours for $18,750.

The ORTF-3D wad developed aiming at optimal imaging characteristics, similar to those of the "ORTF Stereo" and "ORTF Surround" setups. It features very good 360deg. imaging with a pleasant, natural-sounding spatial impression and a large listening area. The "ORTF-3D Outdoor Set" is a complete set including windshield with suspension and fur, 8 microphones, two multicore cables, two breakout cables; additional rain protection available as an option.

--- Quote from: F.O.Bean on February 12, 2017, 08:46:23 AM ---BADASS ;D I've obviously seen the Soundfield and Core Sound ambisonic mics before, but I'm glad to see another high end company like Sennheiser come out with one! I'd love to see Schoeps do an ambisonic mic, and I'd probably grab one and be done with it :) Cant beat unlimited configs/patterns and outputs/mixes from a single point & mic! I wouldn't have to setup 4 capsules, and could get away with just doing a couple of different mixes for each recording I would do! It could easily replace my 4 capsules!

Thanks for the link! I watched the whole video, and the mic looks really sweet taboot! Like I said, I'd love to see a Schoeps Ambisonic mic as well one of these days!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version