Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iPod headphone question  (Read 1810 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
iPod headphone question
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:22:09 PM »
I saw the new iPod Nanos and I want one.  They are perfect for taking to the gym and I like how they clip out of the way.  It is my understanding that some Apple models have irregular headphone jacks.  Can the iPod accept a normal 1/8" headphone?  I most definitely do not want to purchase a new set of earphones just to listen to an iPod.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: iPod headphone question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »
wife has an older nano and we have probably 5-6 other ipods/iphones around the house and no problems whatsoever with a 1/8 headphone jack. enjoy :)
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline 12milluz

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »
The only problem with any Apple device with headphone jacks was the original iPhone. The jack was recessed and most plugs would not fit without out an adapter. Now, all of their products should accept any headphones.
Audio-Technica AT853(c), Audio-Technica AT825>Naiant Littlebox>Sony PCM-M10

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »
just use the white ear buds. ;)
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com