Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to deal with infrequently used rechargeables? Wal Mart battery content...  (Read 2022 times)

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
Sort of realized I'm not using my Wal-Mart 9V DVD battery as much as I would like...

I havent used it for...months  - and it still reads 2 lights...I hooked my Flying Calf A/D up to it - 2 hours ago - still hasn't budged...(which is good)

So the question is - how often should one cycle a battery? (charge/discharge)

Is there some sort of perscription for battery health?

And how should they be stored - charged or uncharged?

Offline JackoRoses

• Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
Sort of realized I'm not using my Wal-Mart 9V DVD battery as much as I would like...

I havent used it for...months  - and it still reads 2 lights...I hooked my Flying Calf A/D up to it - 2 hours ago - still hasn't budged...(which is good)

So the question is - how often should one cycle a battery? (charge/discharge)

Is there some sort of perscription for battery health?

And how should they be stored - charged or uncharged?

iirc they should be kept with a 40% charge and stored in the fridge.
I was wondering the same thing, my lions have been sitting in the fridge since november, I will finally be using them next weekend so I will be taking them out and topping the charge off on them and hope for the best...
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline esteyes

• Taperssection Regular
Lithium-ion batteries can hold a charge for many months. It is best to store a lithium-ion battery with a partial or full charge. Occasionally, a lithium-ion battery with a very low charge stored for a long period of time (many months) has its voltage slowly drop below the level at which its built in safety mechanism allows it to be charged again. Somechargers can provide the ability to overcome the protection device and allow recharging. But not all can do this. So, iIf the battery is going to be stored for several months it's a good idea to take it out and recharge it after a few months.  Better yet would be to actually use the battery every few months and then leave it partially or fully charged. Remember, one good thing about LiION batteries is that they have the lowest self discharge of all the battery types we commonly use.

neil in san marcos
Neil Sturtevant
San Marcos, CA
AKG 451's + CK1/CK8/CK9
AKG 460's + CK61/CK63 or A60M + CK1/CK8/CK9  or MK46/CK1X/CK8X
Sennheiser K3U + MKE-2, ME20, ME40, ME80, ME88
Sennheiser MKH 110/2 x2 + MKH 110/1 powered via custom battbox
Busman BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4
Shure FP33 or Sony DMX P01
Korg MR1000 or Sony M1
stealth: M1 > MKE-2/ME 20/ME40 in the hat
all cabling LINK (made in Germany) balanced or balanced miniature w/ Neutrik ends

making custom cables and serviceable (non-epoxy) ultraflush right angle cables plus other custom projects

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • surly tapir
i was pondering the same thing... i was thinking of making some kind of power cord to power up some random device to drain it down so i can cycle the thing. 
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com