Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is Church Audio Good to Deal With?  (Read 5043 times)

Offline Mass. Wine Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Is Church Audio Good to Deal With?
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:52:36 AM »
My question is not intended to cast any doubt on Church Audio. I've never bought anything from them, but am thinking about doing so. Their feedback in eBay, while overwhelmingly positive, has a handful of curious-sounding negative responses, too. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with the company?

Thank you.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Is Church Audio Good to Deal With?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:05:03 AM »
My question is not intended to cast any doubt on Church Audio. I've never bought anything from them, but am thinking about doing so. Their feedback in eBay, while overwhelmingly positive, has a handful of curious-sounding negative responses, too. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with the company?

Thank you.

There are always going to be some people that say negative things.. I think If I have a fault its that items take a while to get out sometimes more then 3 weeks. Sometimes less. I do my best to get products out on time but everything that I sell is made by me one at a time. When you order something from me your getting a truly handmade product, as I get more and more busy with sales that might change. For example when I sell a microphone every single microphone capsule gets tested and modified and then I match them with other capsules so that when you order a pair of cardioid mics from me your getting a real matched pair of mics. This does not seem like much work but its a lot of work. I could just spin the wheel of capsules and make mics with any pair I happen to have lying around but I dont I am always trying to make my product better I am not happy with ok performance I spend alot of hours looking at things and seeing how I can improve existing designs. I also try and answer emails with in 24 hours sometimes I miss the mark. So I would say on the whole I am doing a good job... But I could improve my build times. I am working on that as we speak. But I am sure other people here will have opinions as well. I just wanted to give you my honest evaluation of my company. As for my product, I would like to leave that up to other people here.

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:32:26 AM »
No hesitation dealing with Chris Church.  Great product for the price and great support.  He cares about what he is doing. 
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:46:37 AM »
Bought my ST-9100 from Chris. No worries and he has great products.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:12:47 AM »
Never, dealt with Chris, but he has an outstanding reputation.
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 11:20:14 AM »
I concur with all of the above!  He was kind enough to answer all of my (rather numerous) PMs, containing all of my (rather stupid) newbie questions. :)  Then, at shipping time, he informed me it would take 2 - 6 weeks to cross the pond.  Package arrived 5 days later.  Everything works great,too...

Offline ballerusk

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Soft spot for the sweet spot
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »
Another thumbs up for me. I have bought a preamp from him on an earlier occasion and plan on doing so once more, hopefully sooner rather than later, but unfortunately rent and bank loan is higher on my list right now :(
Schoeps MK41s > Schoeps CMRs > Naiant Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10

Offline Liquid Drum

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »
Chris is a pleasure to deal with. 100% trustworthy and a great person. He makes great equipment (the 9100 pre is insane!!).

He spent a lot of his time replying to my stupid and n00bish questions and I came away with lots of info which was very informative.

I will ALWAYS stand by his products and I look forward to any future equipment that he builds.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 03:53:57 PM by Liquid Drum »
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Video: Canon HV20 E

dorrcoq

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 03:50:49 PM »
Preamp, cardioid mics, omni caps - all from Chris.  I'm very happy with all the recordings I've made with his gear.  Beyond selling great gear at even better prices he is also a major contributor on the baords here.  Plus, he's a Good Canadian Kid! ;D

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 05:34:35 PM »
Church-Audio's E-bay feedback is currently 99.7% positive-how could you expect anything better than that?

Chris gives you the best bang for the buck in the business. Love the ST-9100 and his tiny battery box. His mics have a great reputation as well, but I haven't really used mine in the field yet.

Be prepared to wait about a month to receive your order, but it's well worth the wait. His stuff is in such demand that it generally takes him about that long to build, ship, and have them arrive from Canada.

AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline calvinroots

• Taperssection Regular
  • Time Will Tell
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »
from my research (and I did alot) he packs the BEST bang for the buck you'll find...I can't complain.  I am much happier to purchase from a man that puts his heart and soul into his work...Think about it, he owns the co. and does everything involved from making to answering ?'s to sending out your stuff.  He is good guy and was always helpfull to me.  I have STC-11 cardioid and omni caps, CA-9100 pre, he also made me a nice chord to connect to my R-09.  Oh yeah, and I have loved taping with all my gear!!!

PEACE
audio - STC-11's (card's & omni's) > CA-9100 > R-09
photog - Canon 40D, 50mm 1.8 II, 70-200 4.0 L, 28-135 kit

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »
As others have said, Chris runs a tight ship. Church Audio makes good products at a good price point.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline landshark

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 11:58:56 PM »
I've had many dealings with Chris - he's a one man show, so some things take time (like he said) but his gear is top notch and he's very responsive to questions.  I recommend.
AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

Offline MSTaper

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 12:17:34 AM »
I bought the st-11 mics and stc-9000 pre from Chris and was completely satisfied.  :headphones: Works great with an R-09. When I had a question about the bass roll off switch, he phoned me and we sorted out the problem. I want to get some omni caps to go with my cards next!

FYI, I have a 99.1 percent eBay rating and most of my problems were late shipping. Hey, I have a job and a life... sort of.  :yack:

Join Team Church Audio!   rWc3523
Church Audio CA-11, Avantone CK-1
Edirol UA-5
Edirol R-09, Fostex FR-2LE

12/13 Patterson Hood - Florence, Ala.

Offline taylordb

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 01:17:35 PM »
Do not hesitate to buy from Chris.  His products are rock solid, and he stands by them.

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 03:10:42 PM »
I have never had a transaction with Chris but I have had many good conversations with him.  The only reason I wouldn't trust him is that he is Canadian, but that is not entirely his fault.  ;D
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 03:16:33 PM »
The only reason I wouldn't trust him is that he is Canadian, but that is not entirely his fault.  ;D

;D

Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

nameloc01

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 06:53:46 PM »
Yeah...f'ing canadians.                                                          -kidding :)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 07:14:57 PM »
Hey My wife is American.. So back off...  ;D she is actually going to vote this time!! We are pretty excited about this. Besides we cant blame Canada for everything :)
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 47 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com