Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Online Data Storage Options  (Read 2282 times)

df

• Trade Count: (0)
Online Data Storage Options
« on: September 14, 2015, 02:14:03 PM »
There was a thread awhile ago that mentioned some new/updated online storage services/prices, but I can't find the thread.  I'm currently using google drive, but this thread mentioned some newer services that sounded much better.  Anyone know the thread or have some rec's?

Thanks

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: Online Data Storage Options
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »
mozy.com

we use it for some customers. it works well. probably more expensive then drive though
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

df

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 06:59:31 PM »
What I saw was something like $2/month for 1TB.  approximately - it was getting cheap for a TB.

Offline Windwman

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 09:14:42 PM »
you mean this one?
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=170072.msg2117159#msg2117159

not quite a terabyte, but 50 gigs for free...5%

Offline Chomps

• Trade Count: (18)
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 11:11:49 AM »
I use Amazon Cloud and love it. $60 a year for unlimited storage and unlimited file size if you upload via the desktop APP. If you use the web to upload it caps you at 2Gigs I believe.  Download speed is super fast and it is very easy to organize your files. I share a log in with a buddy and we each have a folder and a shared folder we put movies and albums on. We have both used the upload and download function at the same time with no interruptions at all.  I looked at other options and for the price and unlimited space it was the best value.
Microtech Gefell m200/M20/M21/nBob Actives>PFA
Microtech Gefell m950
AKG 414 XLII
Telefunken M60/M61/M62
AT853
SD MP 10ii//Edirol R-44/Sony M10

df

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 02:22:03 PM »
I use Amazon Cloud and love it. $60 a year for unlimited storage and unlimited file size if you upload via the desktop APP. If you use the web to upload it caps you at 2Gigs I believe.  Download speed is super fast and it is very easy to organize your files. I share a log in with a buddy and we each have a folder and a shared folder we put movies and albums on. We have both used the upload and download function at the same time with no interruptions at all.  I looked at other options and for the price and unlimited space it was the best value.

Amazon is a good value.  the upload is a little slow, and sharing is limited to 25 files/folders at once.  Apple iCloud's price dropped yesterday.  1TB/month is now $10 instead of $20.  But as far as I've seen you can't share audio files, only video and photos.  A good feature for iCloud if you are a mac user is you can drag and drop folders on finder/desktop and they automatically upload to the cloud storage.  And of course you can access them on iOS devices.  I think this is the route I'm going to take, mainly for backup and personal use.  As for sharing files with other people it's not gonna work unless they change those features.  And seeing that they just launched Apple Music I doubt that will happen...atleast anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:25:27 PM by df »

Offline Chomps

• Trade Count: (18)
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 02:42:56 PM »
Yes, the upload is a little slow with Amazon but I typically upload before I go to bed so time is never really an issue. As far as sharing that could be an issue but as of now I have only shared a folder or two with friends I did projects for and it has worked out fine.

The App for Amazon is also drag and drop. Open and drag the files or folders in and the upload starts. Very easy and simple to manage online once your files are uploaded. I have had no issue keeping organized as well as my buddy and we are using the space daily.
Microtech Gefell m200/M20/M21/nBob Actives>PFA
Microtech Gefell m950
AKG 414 XLII
Telefunken M60/M61/M62
AT853
SD MP 10ii//Edirol R-44/Sony M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com