Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: the new Li-lon??  (Read 1840 times)

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
the new Li-lon??
« on: February 23, 2005, 09:55:47 AM »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 10:01:21 AM by luvean »

the water's clean and innocent

hexyjones

• Trade Count: (0)
Lithium Ion batteries that recharge in minutes...!!! Coming soon...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 09:57:24 AM »
ALTAIR NANOTECHNOLOGIES ACHIEVES BREAKTHROUGH IN BATTERY MATERIALS

RENO, NV. – February 10, 2005 – Altair Nanotechnologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALTI) announced today that it has achieved a breakthrough in Lithium Ion battery electrode materials, which will enable a new generation of rechargeable battery to be introduced into the marketplace, as well as create new markets for rechargeable batteries. These new materials allow rechargeable batteries to be manufactured that have three times the power of existing Lithium Ion batteries at the same price and with recharge times measured in a few minutes rather than hours.

http://www.b2i.us/profiles/investor/ResLibrary.asp?BzID=546&ResLibraryID=8234&GoTopage=1&Category=24

Offline SparkE!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: the new Li-lon??
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 10:36:33 AM »
Interesting, but don't hold your breath waiting for this to become reality.  Their nanotech specialty seems to be powdered materials and they refer to "Electrode Grade Powders - Coming Soon".  Their other commercialized products are mainly catalysts (Titanium oxide powders) and fusible ceramic powder coatings (Titanium oxide, Aluminum oxide and Zirconium oxide).  From what I can tell, all they have is the proposed electrode material.  My bet is that no one has reliable means to arrange that material into commercially viable electrode structures.  There's a lot of development between the  creation of thin electrode materials and actually assembling them into a commercially viable product.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com