Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

What monitors are you using?

(1/5) > >>

pohaku:
And do you like them?

I am contemplating picking up a new pair of monitors for post work.  I am currently using a pair of old NHTPro A-10s and an even older pair of JBL 4406s (and, of course, the  always useful auto sound system).  I was wondering what others in the community are using and what you think of them.

Thanks!

down2earthlandscaper:
I have a pair of M-Audio AV40's and like them pretty well. B&H has had them on sale twice (that I know of) for a really good price. I think I actually got these on a "Deal of the Day" for something like $79.95

Sloan Simpson:
JBL LSR308’s with the matching sub (LSR 310 I think it is). I’m happy with them, particularly since calibrating them to the room with Sonarworks Reference.

if_then_else:
Another vote for JBL. I've got a pair of 305s, though.
I did quite a lot of research before I bought mine. From what I've read they're superior to the KRK Rokits (in the same price range) in terms of build quality.

FWIW: There's a good overview on (home) studio monitors on
https://ehomerecordingstudio.com/best-studio-monitors/

buckster:

--- Quote from: Ben Turnbull on November 23, 2017, 10:10:49 PM ---I  have limited space and budget so my Tannoy Reveal 402 work for me... but I hardly use them cause they can be heard next door in the apt. manager's office.  :shrug: These are the smallest of this line with 4" drivers and I'd expect the low end to improve as you went to the 502 and then  the 802.

--- End quote ---
Ten- four on the Tannoy 402's.  I love the size as space is a consideration and they sound terrific. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version