Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adobe gives away Adobe Audition 3  (Read 28966 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Adobe gives away Adobe Audition 3
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 05:53:29 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!!  I use wavelab 6, but grabbed AA3 to check out.
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 > Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
fwiw, for you osx folks adobe cs2 won't work with lion or mountain lion -- need powerpc compatibility.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
it was a mistake...

??  What do you mean?  All of the links to the download are still active.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/01/adobe-almost-does-something-amazing-by-accident/

I dont see how that article makes any case for this being a mistake...

now especially that no adobe ID is required and the serial number is right on the site.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 07:59:40 AM »

Adobe specifically said didn't mean for everyone in the world to download it.  They tried to help out existing cs2 customers because they shut off the activation servers

runonce

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 09:57:02 AM »

Adobe specifically said didn't mean for everyone in the world to download it.  They tried to help out existing cs2 customers because they shut off the activation servers

A corporation like Adobe never does anything to "help out customers."
Adobe took their money 7 years ago...and the bottom line on maintaining these increasingly obsolete activation servers was too high.
They have essentially become a nuisance. So - They probably want to decrease legacy maintenance/support costs - with the side effect of some free advertising.

Just a guess - but back in 2005 Apple/Mac may accounted for a lot of the CS2 users - particularly folks who used it professionally.
But, since Apple herds it's users to newer products. That CS2 demographic has probably decreased more quickly.
And Adobe knew people running new Macs wouldn't bother/benefit since apparently its not compatible with the more recent versions of OSX.

With XP facing a 2014 expiration date - Adobe may have seen a year window to advertise their products to a whole bunch of people who will be looking for new computers once Microsoft shuts off their XP update servers.

I think giving away CS2 isnt much of a big deal. GoLive? I kind of remember using that tool once upon a time. But Im sure few are seeking it out.

The media editors are a nice giveaway. Even if there is just one or two features in Audition, it's worth having.

I downloaded the two Photoshop products and Premier Pro 2.0.
I'll probably never use Photoshop - because I have other editors for XP that I prefer.
But sometimes these are worth installing just for the extra fonts.

I also have a malfunctioned Mac G4 and fresh OSX 10.4 DVD - and I'd like to revive that machine...some of this software would be perfect.

stevetoney

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 10:29:20 AM »
A corporation like Adobe never does anything to "help out customers."
Adobe took their money 7 years ago...and the bottom line on maintaining these increasingly obsolete activation servers was too high.

Perfectly stated and 100% agreement from me.  Adobe abandoned me way back in the old days when they made decisions not to grandfather Cool Edit Pro customers over into the early editions of Audition without significant upgrade fees.  Ever since then, I haven't felt too guilty using a cracked version of Audition 1.5, since I'd paid fully into CEPro.  At least now I can get a legit upgrade to 3.0 for free if I want it.  Nevertheless, Adobe proved when they abandoned me a long time ago that they're not driven all-that-much by the customer service angle.  This makes up for it a little bit (albeit 10 years late), because at least now I can get a free upgrade to what I'd paid alot of money for all those years ago.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:56:32 AM by tonedeaf »

Marshall7

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 04:01:03 PM »
I think it's a brilliant marketing ploy.  You know that many people who wouldn't have bought the product now got a free version to test, and a lot of them will end up buying the upgrades.

Offline palmbear1

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »
Thanks for posting the link
I haven't used Audition since v1.0, years ago.
For Audition 3.0 there are 3 files.
Are all 3 files needed, if so what order do you install them in.

Thanks for any help

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 11:37:36 PM »
Install the program first, then install the loops.  (The loop installer is the smallest file, the loops themselves are the biggest, and the basic program is the middle sized one).

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 02:19:37 AM »
Linux users: Does it run in WINE?

Audacity meets all my needs unless I want to stretch/compress time in un-clocked sources. Usually use SBD>M-10+mics>722 and correct for drift in Vegas on a seperate box running  XP. Would  love to remain native to linux for matrices in post....

runonce

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 07:48:49 AM »
Linux users: Does it run in WINE?

Audacity meets all my needs unless I want to stretch/compress time in un-clocked sources. Usually use SBD>M-10+mics>722 and correct for drift in Vegas on a seperate box running  XP. Would  love to remain native to linux for matrices in post....

Somewhere - There are some posts about how to correct for drift with Audacity - I think you have to do a little math, but might be preferable to stretch

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 02:56:57 PM »

You only need the main program installer:  ADBEAudition_ESD1_WWEFGJIS.exe.  No need to install the loopology component (exe) or the 4GB of loopology samples (7z)...unless you want to play around with, well, loops.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline palmbear1

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 08:48:31 PM »

You only need the main program installer:  ADBEAudition_ESD1_WWEFGJIS.exe.  No need to install the loopology component (exe) or the 4GB of loopology samples (7z)...unless you want to play around with, well, loops.

Thanks for the info, the main program now works fine, not planning on messing with loops so that part I left out.
Now I have to figure out were resample and dither are, Audition seems to have way more features then Sound Forge that came with the Sony PCM-M10

Using Audition or other software, what would be a good method to make some live music louder and keep it as natural sounding as possible. If I just normalize the track, it still does not have the volume that I would prefer. It has the sound, but I really have to crank the stereo for listening. Tried hard limiting low setting. It made it better. Would compression 2:1 be better then hard limiting ?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com