Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: real time web camera  (Read 2496 times)

Offline kwontour91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
real time web camera
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:40:27 AM »
Does anyone know of a real time Wed camera that its stream is in real time.I've started streaming audio & video when I can.the camera I use now on my stream page is in real time but when I go to look @ stream there's a delay.audio great but video delay not cool.could this be a setting or is this a limit with my little Wed can.its a great video but it is a web can.any input would be great.thanks Kenny watts

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: real time web camera
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
There are plenty of cameras that can do this but the issue is where are you going to host the stream? If it is something like ustream, it may not be an issue but if it is to a website, that may be restricted unless you want a VPS or dedicated server.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline Shadow_7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: real time web camera
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 07:08:31 AM »
It really depends on HOW you're streaming.  Via a TV capture card and video takes longer to encode than audio, so there's an automatic latency in there.  Resulting in a time shift, audio BEFORE video.  About 1/5th of a second worth on my system(200ms +/- 50ms).  You can to some extent compensate.  Otherwise it's a good thing that we watched a lot of kung fu theater as kids.  Even though audio before video is much more annoying than audio that arrives after the video.  Factor in that some webcams cannot deliver a steady frame rate and it can be difficult to find the right software combination to make it work the way we think it should work.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com