Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: USBPre compatability  (Read 1929 times)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
USBPre compatability
« on: March 18, 2005, 11:34:59 AM »
Just for the record.  USBPre units from Sound Devices ARE NOT compatable with Studio Projects c-4 mics.  I just got call back from SD today and that is what their tech told me after inspecting my pre and mics.  The SP c-1's work fine however.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re: USBPre compatability
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 12:09:09 PM »
Did they say why?  Seems odd...
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
Re: USBPre compatability
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 12:13:57 PM »
Did they say why?  Seems odd...
It has to do with the capacitance of the pre and the capacitance of the mics.  This is the first pair of mics they have ever had a usbpre conflict with.  I think they would work with an outboard phantom unit.  They are supposed to send me the technical version in an e-mail and I will post it if they do.  I assume the c-4s wouldn't work with any SD pre as themp-2 and mixpre have this same problem with quite a few mics.  Not sure what I'm going to do... lug around LD's for aud recordings, buy an outboard phantom unit, or go back to a ua-5/jb3 setup.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com