Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA MMA6000 preamp/power supply  (Read 3091 times)

Offline jazzunit

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection Regular
DPA MMA6000 preamp/power supply
« on: March 28, 2005, 08:11:22 PM »
Greetings everybody,

I'm thinking of picking one of theses units to power up some Audio Technica lav mics and then run into my JB3 and I had a few of questions.

1) Does changing the gain settings while recording make a noticeble noise?   Or should I just set the gain setting and just leave it alone?

2) How steep is the bass rolloff? I've read where it starts at 100hz but, is it a gradual rolling off or does it pretty much eliminate everything below 100hz?

3) How long will a 9 volt battery realistically power the unit for?

And lastly, can anybody recommend where I should get this from? The DPA sit does not list any of their dealers.

Thanks for any help

Dave

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:07:10 AM by jazzunit »

Offline KingReptile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Injection is Nice I'd Rather Be Blown----
    • http://www.angelfire.com/music5/d8maniac/KingReptile_home
Re: DPA MMA6000 preamp/power supply
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 01:12:10 AM »
I ran this sweetie 3 times so far  ;D with the 4061's if it a loud show at all you will wanna run the low cut filter and pb no gain ..I ran no gain without the lowcut filter and the knob was between 3 and 4 at a pretty loud rock show..the other night i ran it for Tab Benoit with the lowcut filter on  ,+ 2.5 gain on the MMA600 the bass came out real nice ,ran the sbm-1 around 8 clipped all night and it sounded sweet.I will be posting this show on eztree soon.As far as battery life i bet you could run 100hrs it has a indicator on it that blinks on and off ..Hope this helps its well worth the money  ;D

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 02:36:38 AM »
Thanks & +T for the help Moke. Yes, I will attach microdot connectors to the Sennheiser lavs.

easier said than done, or so i've seen posted on this board. was it bruce who said that it takes some type of microscopic soldering to attach MD connectors?

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 07:34:44 AM »
Thanks & +T for the help Moke. Yes, I will attach microdot connectors to the Sennheiser lavs.

easier said than done, or so i've seen posted on this board. was it bruce who said that it takes some type of microscopic soldering to attach MD connectors?

Yeah, those wires are very, very small. 
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 08:19:44 AM »
Another question, will the dpa box provide enough power for Senns?  Don't the 406x's need way less power than most other mics?
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 06:12:28 PM »
I've attached a rather blury photo of one.

Off topic, but FYI your digi cam should have a macro mode that will allow [1] you to manually or [2] the camera to automatically focus properly when shooting close-range shots like the one posted.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline KingReptile

• Taperssection Member
  • Injection is Nice I'd Rather Be Blown----
    • http://www.angelfire.com/music5/d8maniac/KingReptile_home
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 09:12:31 PM »

Also, where's everybody recommend  getting a MMA6000's?

Try Oade.com Doug is super friendly and a expierenced taper

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com