Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie recording setup  (Read 6382 times)

Offline hoppedup

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Sa da tay!
Re: Newbie recording setup
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 04:39:25 PM »
Having owned a DR-05 and a DR-22WL, you might want to consider the latter. It is wifi compatible and you can operate it from an app on your phone. I wasn't looking to buy one when I got mine, but I got it new on sale at Adorama for $81.

Also, maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember the DR-05 only having MIC in and not LINE in and getting overloaded occasionally even when I had the input level on 0.
AKG SE300B CK91
JB Mod NAK 300 CP1 - CP2

Tascam DR-40, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-22WL, Marantz PMD-706
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7K

↑↑↓↓←→←→ BA Start

My recordings on bt.etree

My recordings on LMA

Offline nak700s

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Newbie recording setup
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 05:15:57 PM »
The best stealth deck, in my opinion, is the Edirol R-09HR.  The inputs are in the best places to help decrease its space needed without concern for jostling the cables and creating noise.  Additionally, all the lights can be turned off as well as the screen either dimming or turning off after a set amount of time.  The sound quality is impeccable for both full sized mics or smaller, more stealthy mics.  I use one for stealth shows and have used it many times with my full size rig or soundboard patches.  I am also able to walk through metal detectors with it down my pants with no issue.  Another nice feature is the input is controlled by an up and a down button, not a knob. You can increase or decrease you level input 1 click at a time, which comes in handy if you record hot.
Normal: Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD 744T (or) Sony PCM-M10
Normal: Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD 744T
Fun times: 3 Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD744T + 2 Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD744T
Stealth: CA-14c >> CA 9200 >> Edirol R-09HR
Ultra stealth: AudioReality >> AudioReality battery box >> Edirol R-09HR
Simple & Sweet!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com