Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I want to find some semi to great quality recording gear on a budget....  (Read 5374 times)

Offline TheCatDownThere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
say...$350 or less.

what should i do? *shy*

Offline TheCatDownThere

• Taperssection Regular
i just want something small, that i could fit in my purse or something like that. i don't really know much about taping gear at all. a friend of mine has an MD deck, and his recordings turn out pretty damn good. so maybe something like that?

Offline mirth

• Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
CSC/CSB > Batt box > MD?

C1000s > transformers > MD?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline TheCatDownThere

• Taperssection Regular
mirth -  CSC/CSB > Batt box > MD...something like that sounds appealing...how much would something like that cost?

moke- i'd be recording music from a PA, im sure. and yeah, i'd be going stealth.

Offline King Crimson

• Deez Nutz
SoundPro AT 853's > batt box > MD (your going to want a JB3 soon after)

you may even be able to find a JB3 on ebay fairly cheap, say only $50-75 more than a MD and its deffinetly worth it!
I'll have a bloody mary, a steak sandwich and...a steak sandwhich.

Offline TheCatDownThere

• Taperssection Regular
uhm, heh...what's a JB3? :-\

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)

Ahem.  :P

[1] If you haven't done so already, check out Newbie Central pinned to the top of the Archival Info forum.
[2] Check the Archival Info forum for two NJB3 FAQs.   In the first page or two you'll find two a taper's FAQ and an operating FAQ.  Check out the Taper's FAQ first.

Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline mirth

The CSC/CSB are Core Sounds Cardioids or Core Sound Binaurals, which can be obtained from Core Sounds:
http://www.core-sound.com/

Alternatively, there are other places that sell the mini stealth-type mics... SoundProfessionals comes to mind.

I'm not a stealth taper, so I can't really help you out but there are plenty on here who are.

So whose got his/her heady stealth rig, brah?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline TheCatDownThere

• Taperssection Regular

[1] If you haven't done so already, check out Newbie Central pinned to the top of the Archival Info forum.
[2] Check the Archival Info forum for two NJB3 FAQs.   In the first page or two you'll find two a taper's FAQ and an operating FAQ.  Check out the Taper's FAQ first.

i was checking that out as you were typing this message  :P.
i'm still not too sure what it is, but i got a good idea. so yeah...thank you. :)

Offline TheCatDownThere

• Taperssection Regular
The CSC/CSB are Core Sounds Cardioids or Core Sound Binaurals, which can be obtained from Core Sounds:
http://www.core-sound.com/

Alternatively, there are other places that sell the mini stealth-type mics... SoundProfessionals comes to mind.

I'm not a stealth taper, so I can't really help you out but there are plenty on here who are.

So whose got his/her heady stealth rig, brah?

thank you! :D

Offline mirth

The JB3 is shorthand for the Creative Nomad Jukebox 3, which was discontinued about a year ago or so. You can still find them refurb'ed direct from Creative on eBay, or they pop up here from time to time. They're great because not only have they proven themselves as a stable recording platform, they're also a discman-sized portable mp3/wav player!

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!

i'm still not too sure what it is, but i got a good idea. so yeah...thank you. :)

Google is a wonderful thing...

You can get a minidisc player cheap and a pair of Giant Squid mics.  That's probably as cheap as you can get...

T

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)

Ah...timing is everything.  Glad to see you found the FAQs.  The NJB3 is just a (hard drive) recorder, similar to MD or DAT but doesn't require removable media.  Transfers to your PC for ultimately burning to CDR are very easy, more so than MD or DAT.  There's also a thread in the Archival Info forum titled something like "stealth gear references".  Check it out, too.  Read through the FAQs and scan through the stealth posts and if you still have questions (likely!), fire away.  :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline TheCatDownThere

• Taperssection Regular
thank you everyone! god...this place is awesome. ;D

...anyways, i really want to get to buying my gear...the csb/csc mics are a bit pricey for me...but the SoundPro AT 853's  seem reasonable. my problem is...they don't give a lot of info about them on the website. do they COME with a batt box? does anyone know? heh. *feels dumb*

Offline TheCatDownThere

• Taperssection Regular
hehe, nevermind about my last question. i found out what i needed to know in the mic forum. thanks. ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com