Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: xACT 2.0  (Read 29735 times)

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The Dude abides...
Re: xACT 2.0
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 10:57:29 PM »
Thanks, Scott!
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline fleish

• Trade Count: (4)
  • I've been safariing since before you were born
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 12:33:54 AM »
I've personally never worried about SBE & don't know that I'd notice a CD plagued by it. 1/75th of a second? I say meh :)

Used xact 2.0 for the first time the other day to rip flac24->mp3 for someone at work. Freaking awesome stuff Scott!

Blasphemy! And blasphemy again! Time to turn in your lossless audio badge and gun, sir. :P

Yeah, but I mean who really has the time to try and explain lossless audio & all things not-iTunes to a marketing person? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joMgeXLJ0lc
Mics: AT853, MC930, AK40/AK50 > LC3 > KM100, ADK TL51
Cables: Audio Magic XStream silver, Kind Kables, Zaolla M1.5
Decks: D8, Busman Hybrid R4

My LMA tapes: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Todd+Fleisher%22

My LMA transfers: http://archive.org/search.php?query=-taper%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29%20AND%20transferer%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29

My LMA uploads: http://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20uploader%3A%28todd%40fleish.org%29

Awesome. David said you were like The Wolf in Pulp Fiction. Shows up just in time with tons of gear, does a pro job, and disappears into the night! :-)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 09:29:29 AM »
I've personally never worried about SBE & don't know that I'd notice a CD plagued by it. 1/75th of a second? I say meh :)

Used xact 2.0 for the first time the other day to rip flac24->mp3 for someone at work. Freaking awesome stuff Scott!

it all depends on your player.  some players make an audible click between tracks if they're not cut on sector boundaries.  you'd notice that...

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

it all depends on your player.  some players make an audible click between tracks if they're not cut on sector boundaries.  you'd notice that...

True that.  Both my work computer and the stereo in my truck make the audible click if I somehow miss and sbe.  I use the "snap to" function in Audacity now, though, so no sbe problem any longer either way.  Still always check for sbe just out of habit.
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 01:31:37 PM »
- Requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher and Intel processor
Yeah yeah yeah. . . I'm building an intel Hackintosh, so I'll get to enjoy 2.0 soon enough.  :'(

Oh, you WOULD notice if you heard one.
I always thought it depended more on the burning software. I've never once noticed an SBE with orangebook CD's burned in Toast.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 02:26:59 PM »
Toast automatically fixes errors when burning and has for years.  but it'll also pad the last track with zeros

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 06:44:23 PM »
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14246/xact

link seems to be dead, does anyone have a better link? thanks
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

Offline scb

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 06:57:23 PM »
i just put in a new update in the past 5 minutes.  maybe they took it down?

i'll PM you

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 07:15:59 PM »

- Requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher and Intel processor

damn...  :(

my thoughts as well...........................

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 11:35:14 PM »
Toast automatically fixes errors when burning and has for years.  but it'll also pad the last track with zeros
Ok, that makes perfect sense. Then you just have to watch out for the SBE at each disc change of a ripped fileset burnt with toast. That would be the only place it would be noticeable. Point being, it's easy enough to use xACT to do the job on the whole fileset at once;D

edit italicized
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:21:56 PM by morst »
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Moka17

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 05:11:59 AM »
thanks to the developper

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »
I just noticed 2 things (xACT 2.06):

1. When encoding to FLAC and with the "Delete original files" box checked, the files are actually deleted completely from the hard drive. In previous versions the files would just be moved to the Trash Bin. Is it possible to change this back so it just moves the files to the Trash Bin?

2. It says "Delete original files after decode" on both the decode and encode tabs.

Offline darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 12:27:13 PM »

1. When encoding to FLAC and with the "Delete original files" box checked, the files are actually deleted completely from the hard drive.
In previous versions the files would just be moved to the Trash Bin.
Is it possible to change this back so it just moves the files to the Trash Bin?

I kind of like that feature myself

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 11:54:02 PM »

1. When encoding to FLAC and with the "Delete original files" box checked, the files are actually deleted completely from the hard drive.
In previous versions the files would just be moved to the Trash Bin.
Is it possible to change this back so it just moves the files to the Trash Bin?

I kind of like that feature myself

Fair enough. I can understand why. I was just used to the old way and the built in "idiot proofing"....I guess I just need to be more careful!

Offline scb

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 10:55:08 AM »

1. When encoding to FLAC and with the "Delete original files" box checked, the files are actually deleted completely from the hard drive. In previous versions the files would just be moved to the Trash Bin. Is it possible to change this back so it just moves the files to the Trash Bin?

Just going from memory here, but I think that was a really old version that just moved files to the trash.  I had a bunch of people complain that they thought files were being deleted when they were just in the trash.  They bitched at me saying I was killing their hard drive space.  So I changed it to delete the files.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.12 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com