Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What recorder should I use with Roland CS-10EM?  (Read 3586 times)

Offline omgblood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
What recorder should I use with Roland CS-10EM?
« on: July 25, 2019, 01:34:43 AM »
Looking to create binaural records outside in the environment for my Youtube while being budget minded. I guess I already pulled the trigger on some Roland CS-10EM that someone was selling for a decent price. Now I'm interested in what kind of recorder should I use with them and hoping to spend less than $50.

Someone near me is selling a Zoom H2 for $25, thoughts?

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: What recorder should I use with Roland CS-10EM?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 09:12:13 AM »
The Zoom H2 is notoriously noisy for making recordings that are quiet like natural ambience.

If you want good recordings without noise you may have to step up your budget a little since 50 bucks will not get you much if anything.

I've had good success with the older Marantz PMD620. It supplies more plug in power voltage than most other pocket recorders and the preamp is not particularly noisy. I got mine used for $50 plus shipping but that's a rarity.

You may be able to have some success with one of the other pocket recorders like the Tascam DR07. Put an ISO in the Yardsale here and see if someone has a recorder they aren't using that they would sell cheap.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 08:24:28 PM by goodcooker »
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 10:54:20 AM »
If I can find my CS-10EMs I'll try to make an ambient recording some time over the weekend using the humble H1N and post it.

Offline Ozpeter

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 07:59:39 PM »
https://youtu.be/fdEQiQ6tq0s is recorded with a Zoom F1 and the Roland binaural mics.  I'm pretty sure that the F1 internals are the same at the H1N.  But both are out of your stated budget unless you can find one on eBay.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com