Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Splicing to patch a hole in a show  (Read 1851 times)

Offline DiggerinVA

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Splicing to patch a hole in a show
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:35:09 AM »
I am sure this has been posted. But I did not find it in the FAQ's and my search skills must suck. Found a few things, but many things need to be done. If somebody could point me in the right direction(I am sure it has been posted). I just want to fix a few cuts (3 to be exact) after digitizing a show. Hey in my day a cut was a cut, you just lived with it, after all they did not last long.
Thank You
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:49:18 AM by DiggerinVA »
Sony C38B's --> Lunatec V2-->PMD661
B-3's --> Tinybox 1.5 --> PCM-M10

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Splicing to patch a hole in a show
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:26:37 AM »
What kind of information are you looking for exactly?  It's a relatively simple process and can be done in any DAW.  The easiest way is just to put both sources into the same session, do your best to line them up (doesn't have to be perfect for this as you will move it around).  From there just figure out exactly where the cut points occur in the second source (and shuffle around so the timing works out correctly).  From there I would just cut out the parts of the second recording that are not needed, and fade that one up while fading the original down (cross-fading) and vice versa at the end of the cut.  Only other thing is volume matching but should be relatively self-explanatory.

If everything is digital and everything is at the same sample rate and bit depth there shouldn't be any real issues with speed differing from one source to the other. If there is, that's a whole different issue

Offline DiggerinVA

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »
Thank You. The lining it up is probably the first problem I have. I a have tried in Audacity and it is frustrating me Trying Wavelab now. I just don't seem to be getting this.

Offline DiggerinVA

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 04:20:19 PM »
Thank You that was enough for me to get through it.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 08:32:57 PM »
Anytime.  Luckily for this type of work you don't have to line them up throughout the recording which can be a pain with recordings from different recorders

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com