Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sbd > ua-5 (mod) > DAT ???  (Read 7038 times)

Offline save

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
sbd > ua-5 (mod) > DAT ???
« on: April 29, 2003, 01:23:08 PM »
anybody ever use a ua-5 when getting a sbd patch?  just wondering if anybody has good/bad experiences w/ it.

-justin
save

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re:sbd > ua-5 (mod) > DAT ???
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 01:27:42 PM »
Never used a UA-5, but I used to run my AD-20 > D8 from the SBD all the time.  Significant improvement over straight SBD signal and you can adjust your levels really easily.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

DaryanLenz

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 02:55:56 PM »
Anything is better than staright sbd into a dat.  I use to use my ua-5 as a matrix all the time.  Run mics into the xlr's, set you approximate levels, then set the sbd feed levels, and roll tape.  That is the one thing I miss about the ua-5. such an easy way to brighten up a boring sbd recording!  Justin, if you want help with this, tell me where you might do this and I will give you more specific instructions.  I got a new mixer to play with, a really good one, so matrix's at the Green Room are in the near future.  Blake is letting me put some mic cabl;es and an ortf bar up front from the front lights, then running cables through the ceiling back to the board into my mixer with the sbd line feed...should be a lot of fun with some sweet tapes to come!

Daryan

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 03:19:27 PM »
that's one reason the green room rocks!  can't wait to hear some of those tapes  ;)  I haven't gotten the ua-5 yet, but i should hopefully have the cash soon?!?  

u hitting any shows this week or next?  i haven't decided if i want to go to zwan or the nadas this thurs?  probably go to the nadas (cheaper tix) and i'm not sure if imu will even be letting people tape zwan?

-justin
save

DaryanLenz

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2003, 05:05:08 PM »
I haven't a clue actually.  I am at home in Maryland, got here late last night, and I am then flying to Hawaii on Sunday I think.  I will be back in Iowa next saturday afternoon.  Plan on coming to The Samples, Dr. Z's etc sunday at Cornell...I will make it a good time I promise ;)

Daryan

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 05:12:50 PM »
right on, have fun in hawaii man!  i'm plannin on going to the samples show...do i need to pick up tix or can u still get some free ones?  just let me know, i think my wife and i might be going!

-justin
save

DaryanLenz

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2003, 07:09:22 PM »
I don't know if I can still score free ones, but I can surely get you a 10 student ticket for you and your wife.  I can meet you somewhere in town next sunday and give them to you.

Daryan

Tim

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2003, 08:27:25 PM »
Blake is letting me put some mic cabl;es and an ortf bar up front from the front lights,

are these just cans or are they some sort of intelligent/moving light? I have heard lighst reek havoc on tapes if the cables and mics are too close. Those things are power hogs and have a lot of juice moving through them, test it out to make sure you're not getting any noise. Have fun... ya gotta love it when the clubs give you free reign.

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2003, 11:31:50 PM »
daryan u ever taped @ the que bar?  i've only been to 1 show there and i don't remember what it's like and if there's any good place to set a stand up?  it will most likely be packed so i may just get sbd to be safe unless u have a diff suggestion.

-justin
save

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com