Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA d:VICE just announced  (Read 158748 times)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: DPA d:VICE just announced
« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2019, 03:34:04 AM »
multiple d:vices work on my computer as well as my netbook. something like this UMPC should be able to record 4 or 6 channels all synched to same internal clock. you do need an iphone with an app to set the levels and lock it (low seems to work best, zero to +6dB gain, as you have no way to stop it from peaking FSD once youre in windows, nothing i tried could control gain

https://www.amazon.com/Industry-Portable-Computer-Notebook-Graphics/dp/B07QYZHM8F
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 04:03:07 AM by jerryfreak »
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline lerond

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #421 on: October 08, 2019, 03:08:29 PM »
multiple d:vices work on my computer as well as my netbook. something like this UMPC should be able to record 4 or 6 channels all synched to same internal clock. you do need an iphone with an app to set the levels and lock it (low seems to work best, zero to +6dB gain, as you have no way to stop it from peaking FSD once youre in windows, nothing i tried could control gain

https://www.amazon.com/Industry-Portable-Computer-Notebook-Graphics/dp/B07QYZHM8F

multiple d:vices via a usb-c hub? Or some usb-c to usb-a converters?
ain't no party like a katydid party
jumpin' and a hoppin' and singin' them songs!

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #422 on: October 08, 2019, 03:38:12 PM »
via the provided microUSB to USB-A cable
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #423 on: October 16, 2019, 06:12:11 AM »
I just updated one of my iPhones (not on purpose but I just got a watch to play with, and it wouldn’t let me pair unless I upgrade from iOS 12 to iOS13). So i did the update and everything seems to work OK, I did notice that the app icon is labeled ‘MMA-A’ instead of ‘d:vice’

it was 1.01(2), now it’s 1.02(4)

When I look in the App Store it shows that this update was released yesterday and the changelog says increased stability and some bug fixes only.

my early testing of 1.01 showed that the level lock feature really didn’t work in terms of preventing apps from adjusting levels.  I will experiment with it when I have some time.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 06:15:49 AM by jerryfreak »

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #424 on: November 03, 2019, 02:51:17 AM »
Really bad idea: I had to uninstall the Rode Recorder app and then tried to re-install, only to find that while I could get the LE edition (free) from the app store, it won't let me get the upgrade (which I paid for two years ago), just the message that the upgrade is not available in the US app store.  The other apps I tested two years ago still have the same issues (no real 24/96, time or size limits on files, hard to upload files).  Is anyone running the d:vice with software that does 24/96 with unlimited (CAF) files size or seamless breaks???

Jeff

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #425 on: November 03, 2019, 03:20:32 AM »
Is anyone running the d:vice with software that does 24/96 with unlimited (CAF) files size or seamless breaks???

metarecorder does CAF, no filesize limits.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #426 on: November 03, 2019, 07:20:05 AM »
How do you get the files out of Metarecorder?  No WiFi I can see, do you need to use iTunes to get it into your PC?

Offline justme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #427 on: November 03, 2019, 09:23:37 AM »
How do you get the files out of Metarecorder?  No WiFi I can see, do you need to use iTunes to get it into your PC?

On iOS.
1. Launch Filer
2. Browse to On my…
3. Locate folder MetaRecorder

there they are and can be shared as you wish.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #428 on: November 03, 2019, 09:31:53 AM »
Thanks, it's working.  Any clues on how to avoid shutdown when doing 3-4 hours of recording, any tricks to setting it and letting it run?  If I set gain to zero on Metarecorder will it take the DPA app levels correctly?

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #429 on: November 03, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »
I usually use either the free SanDisk app to copy it to my ixpand lightning flash drive (clutch for backing up when not near a computer: https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/usb-flash-drives/sandisk-ixpand-usb-3-0#SDIX30C-064G-AN6NN), or I will just hook it up to my computer with usb and use the free copytrans program (https://www.copytrans.net/download/)

As far as keeping the app running, you can leave the MetaRecorder window open and tell it to Prevent Screen Lock, or use the lock screen in the app itself. Should record until the battery dies. only time ive had it stop recording was with daily driver phones not in airplane mode, where apps like Outlook and messaging are constantly making data connections

Re: levels- I haven’t tested the new version of d:vice app but old version really did nothing useful in regard to levels, all apps I used had full control and d:vice app would sometime cause lockups and conflicts so I would minimize or close it once i made sure that the settings were right (stereo input and no HPF)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:34:35 PM by jerryfreak »

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #430 on: November 03, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »
Thanks, it's working.  Any clues on how to avoid shutdown when doing 3-4 hours of recording, any tricks to setting it and letting it run?  If I set gain to zero on Metarecorder will it take the DPA app levels correctly?
as an aside ive talked to DPA multiple times about this. Pretty convinced they farmed this device out and have absolutely no idea how the d:vice operates in either hardware or software realms, other than the most cursory understanding of basic functions.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #431 on: November 04, 2019, 01:13:55 AM »
Thanks for the direction to Metarecorder, it works very well.  The Rode folks talked me through getting the Rode recorder back, even though it doesn't seem to be available in the app store at the moment, and I am reverting to that for the moment since I know it so well (two years and probably around 100 recordings or more with no disasters) and I am less likely to screw up a recording with it.  Once I get some time to shake down the process with Metarecorder, it looks much easier to use (with the possibility of two linked phones for 4 channels if I dare).

Jeff

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #432 on: November 11, 2019, 05:06:17 PM »
NEW (not refurb) 32GB SEs at best buy for $60. locked to simple mobile (unless you want to spend $300 for a year of service), but no need to activate it  to be a dedicated recorder/ipod touch. Prob the last new ones out there since its been discontinued for a year

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/simple-mobile-apple-iphone-se-silver/6370444.p?ref=8575135&loc=3e990c5404cd11eab54996e3530149c00INT&acampID=3e990c5404cd11eab54996e3530149c00INT&skuId=6370444

since its new the phone also includes a year of apple TV+ ($60 value)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 07:29:47 PM by jerryfreak »

Offline detroit lightning

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2019, 05:12:43 PM »
That's a good find - FWIW, I've been using my SE w/ the dvice for a year or so with no issues. Nice and small too...

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #434 on: November 12, 2019, 02:00:32 PM »
NEW (not refurb) 32GB SEs at best buy for $60. locked to simple mobile (unless you want to spend $300 for a year of service), but no need to activate it  to be a dedicated recorder/ipod touch. Prob the last new ones out there since its been discontinued for a year

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/simple-mobile-apple-iphone-se-silver/6370444.p?ref=8575135&loc=3e990c5404cd11eab54996e3530149c00INT&acampID=3e990c5404cd11eab54996e3530149c00INT&skuId=6370444

since its new the phone also includes a year of apple TV+ ($60 value)

Damn, missed this, sold out!
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.235 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com