Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: The New Neumann KM-A mics w/ KK caps  (Read 13664 times)

Offline Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: The New Neumann KM-A mics w/ KK caps
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 03:15:51 PM »
Doesn't seem like anyone is carrying the LC4 cables state side!

It's basically the same here in Germany. I couldn't find a single merchant online carrying it. However, it is listed on Sennheiser's price list (search for 008606). List price is 284 EUR + VAT. So I guess your local distributor will be able to order it for around that price.

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: The New Neumann KM-A mics w/ KK caps
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 03:13:54 AM »

It's certainly possible after modification.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=168746.0

That refers to the old AK heads, not the new KK ones, which are quite different.

Specific to this application, the only difference is the location of the FET (in the cable vs. the capsule head).

You can't have a remote cable without first converting the impedance of the signal from the microphone capsule . If the powering requirements of the FET circuit are different (maybe they are, but I kind of doubt it), then it's simply a matter of making the proper measurements to design the proper PFA circuit.

Well? Considering that I quoted my own modified setup, then bothered to correct this misinformation... I guess I must not have been wrong. Sure would be nice if a product ambassador could answer this honestly. We'd probably see a lot more Neumann products sold to users on this board.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com