Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Upconverter + DVD-A?  (Read 3906 times)

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
Upconverter + DVD-A?
« on: April 12, 2007, 12:21:43 AM »
So i know that there are a few players out there which upconvert to 1080 & play DVD-A disks.
So i picked this one up:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882116059

stoked to find an upconverter player since i got an HDTV, with DVDA because i have yet to find a good playback option for 24bit...
I got it today, hooked it up via COAX and am noticing that something just doesn't sound right...i havent gotten a chance to pop in some other DVD-As, but tomorrow I will. 
I think my Sony receiver is truly the problem since it prohibits sending a signal to the subwoofer and limits to just the 2 L & R fronts.  The highends sound a little harsh.

But my question is, does anyone know if this is a solid option, or are there some better ones?

Thanks!
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline michael

• has nothing to say
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sall's coming out party!!
Re: Upconverter + DVD-A?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 04:20:11 AM »
how is your sub connected to the receiver? if it has pre outs you can run rca out to the sub and let the crossover do the work.
They had better be made out of pure platinum and come with a complimentary "date" for that much money.

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »
Unfortunately I only have a "coax" option to my sub.
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 07:30:05 PM »
So I found some 24/48 DVDa disks and the receiver likes those a lot more than 24/96!

Question still remains, how much of an improvement would I get with a higher quality DVDa player?

I think the receiver would make a bigger difference?

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
time for you to step into the Hi-Fi world 8)
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 11:12:24 PM »
So whatcha got for me Tim?
Thoughts on how to keep my newly found dvda & hdupconvert to my speakers?

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 11:21:17 PM »
also, the 24/96 disks i have of phish from 03 definitely do not sound as good as the new WSP 07 disks i have just sampled.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.166 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com