Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audacity 4 channel track labeling  (Read 2650 times)

Offline bogusjack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Audacity 4 channel track labeling
« on: March 20, 2016, 11:57:57 PM »
Everyone:

I have a 4 channel recording of a live show I taped. 2 channels are omni's and 2 channels are cards. I trying to split the files into tracks. When I have a 2 channel recording I use Ctrl-b in audacity to label the tracks. Is there a way in audacity to label both of the files (all 4 channels) at the same time so I don't have to do this twice (once for each set) and have the length of the songs / show exactly identical?

Note: I don't want a matrix recording - I want 2 separate identical shows representing each set of mics I used. So say 24 songs using the omni mics exported to flac & 24 songs using the card mics exported to flac. When I compare the two sets the song lengths match perfectly. Say the first track is 4:57 seconds. Both sets - the omni version & the card version are showing exactly 4:57 and I only had to track it once.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Audacity 4 channel track labeling
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 07:49:40 AM »
Drop one recording into CD Wave Editor and track it out. Save a cue sheet and apply the cue sheet to the second recording. It will spit in all the same spots.

CD Wave Editor is free to try. It's free period, though they suggest you make a $20 donation to continue using it but if you don't you can keep using it without loss of functionality.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline Life In Rewind

• Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 08:00:54 AM »
Everyone:

I have a 4 channel recording of a live show I taped. 2 channels are omni's and 2 channels are cards. I trying to split the files into tracks. When I have a 2 channel recording I use Ctrl-b in audacity to label the tracks. Is there a way in audacity to label both of the files (all 4 channels) at the same time so I don't have to do this twice (once for each set) and have the length of the songs / show exactly identical?

Note: I don't want a matrix recording - I want 2 separate identical shows representing each set of mics I used. So say 24 songs using the omni mics exported to flac & 24 songs using the card mics exported to flac. When I compare the two sets the song lengths match perfectly. Say the first track is 4:57 seconds. Both sets - the omni version & the card version are showing exactly 4:57 and I only had to track it once.

Are the tracks made on the same recorder....?

You could just import the first - track it, save your tracks - then delete the audio track - but keep the marker track.

Then import the other audio track...if they were made on the same recorder - that first marker track should work fine.

If the tracks are from different recorders...unless your clocks are way off, or the set is super long - that should also work.

At worst - You might have to slide the audio around to match the markers. (Time shift tool)

Offline hoppedup

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Sa da tay!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 08:43:21 AM »
Drop one recording into CD Wave Editor and track it out. Save a cue sheet and apply the cue sheet to the second recording. It will spit in all the same spots.

CD Wave Editor is free to try. It's free period, though they suggest you make a $20 donation to continue using it but if you don't you can keep using it without loss of functionality.

x2

Easiest way to do this.
AKG SE300B CK91
JB Mod NAK 300 CP1 - CP2

Tascam DR-40, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-22WL, Marantz PMD-706
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7K

↑↑↓↓←→←→ BA Start

My recordings on bt.etree

My recordings on LMA

Offline bogusjack

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 08:53:54 AM »
Yes, same recorder.  Untracked at the moment, both files are exactly the same.

Sorry, I should have also said I have a mac.  I don't believe cd wave is compatible for mac.

Offline Life In Rewind

• Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 09:16:05 AM »
Yes, same recorder.  Untracked at the moment, both files are exactly the same.

Sorry, I should have also said I have a mac.  I don't believe cd wave is compatible for mac.

Perfect - the shared marker track approach should work just fine.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com