Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR2D MBR/Invalid Card Errors  (Read 6152 times)

Offline bbrooks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam DR2D MBR/Invalid Card Errors
« on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:18 PM »
I've been using a Tascam DR2D for about four years and it's been great. But all of a sudden when a put an SD card in I get an MBR error and it asks to initialize the card. When I get it to do that I get an invalid card error. This is on cards that have previously worked fine. I've tried using a variety of cards, tried resetting the recorder, tried formatting the cards in my computer. I also tried contacting Tascam support a couple of times but they didn't bother getting back to me.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this, or is it time to replace?

Offline bbrooks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Tascam DR2D MBR/Invalid Card Errors
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 08:20:20 PM »
So if no one has any idea it looks like I'll be replacing it. Given that they don't sell the DR2D anymore, can someone suggest the current model that is most similar? I've been thinking about going for the DR40, but would appreciate advice/reports on peoples experience.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: Tascam DR2D MBR/Invalid Card Errors
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 04:57:46 PM »
There is no simple answer as to what deck would replace the DR2d. The best answer is to look for another DR2d on ebay or over the web. They are out there. Hard to say what you need. Is the size of the deck an issue, what and how do you use the 4 channels? You don't give enough info and that is probably why you have not received an answer yet. There are pages and pages of topics here at TS on the many other 4 channel decks.

I don't particularly think the DR40 is the same as the Dr2d. It has XLR inputs and I think you have to use the internal mics for 4 channel, but I could be wrong about that, I don't own one myself. There are many 4 channel and greater decks discussed at great length in the "Recording Gear" section, but I know of none other either as small as the DR2d, or using 1/8 inch jacks for each pair of stereo channels, if those are your hot buttons.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com