Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: bi-amping help please  (Read 6881 times)

Offline 1st set only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • you are what you is
    • Don Poulsen Illustration and Graphic Design
Re: bi-amping help please
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 07:19:41 AM »
the show is over go home please.

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2005, 10:57:32 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it.  More hassle than it will be worth.
SC

Offline 1st set only

• Needs to get out more...
  • you are what you is
    • Don Poulsen Illustration and Graphic Design
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 12:06:55 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it.  More hassle than it will be worth.
SC

Thats how i feel now
the show is over go home please.

Offline jk labs

• Taperssection Regular
  • Straight wire!
    • Mics, pre and ADC...
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 12:51:16 PM »
Please do not take my post as bi-amping is useless.  Just a big difference bi-amping with a HT receiver and another older receiver vs. say some Aragon Palladiums or some Jeff Rowlands

SC

... while those on the other side of the fence of course argue that it is exactly the low cost amplifer, suffering badly under the strain of high power full range signals and inductive loads, that stands to gain significant performance increases from bi-amping. A truly high end amplifer shouldn't care.   

One can make a "phase inverted" argument for high end speakers: if they benefit from bi-amping then their cossovers are not high end and then neither are the speakers (but I admit I added this mostly to provoke :-) ).

Jon

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2005, 01:37:53 PM »
Please do not take my post as bi-amping is useless.  Just a big difference bi-amping with a HT receiver and another older receiver vs. say some Aragon Palladiums or some Jeff Rowlands

SC

... while those on the other side of the fence of course argue that it is exactly the low cost amplifer, suffering badly under the strain of high power full range signals and inductive loads, that stands to gain significant performance increases from bi-amping. A truly high end amplifer shouldn't care.   

One can make a "phase inverted" argument for high end speakers: if they benefit from bi-amping then their cossovers are not high end and then neither are the speakers (but I admit I added this mostly to provoke :-) ).

Jon

Ok, but would if they are of a monitor/bass module design??  I agree that if all drivers are in one cabinet and using upper end amps it probably isn't worth it either.  However, to run an amp to a speaker of "modular" design it might be significant.  I've heard this difference in some VSA VR-4 SEIII using Be Canto Evo6's.

SC

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com