Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Outdoor Bag suggestions ( Petrol Pegz owners, please enter)  (Read 18753 times)

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
Re: Outdoor Bag suggestions ( Petrol Pegz owners, please enter)
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 11:25:20 AM »
Darby

Is that a Pegz 2 or 3???

looks like pegz 3

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: Outdoor Bag suggestions (Petrol Pegz owners, enter)
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 12:34:44 PM »
Hmmm, so it arrived today, and I think somebody fucked up, because the top flap basically offers no protection whatsoever.

the rain flap is money b/c it actually extends past the wall which means that rain will be diverted off the sides. plus the main benefit is if you run gear from side to side you can see everything without having to open up the top flap. I think that even the other models are open on the sides also. if it seems like it is going to be very dusty, you can put a small piece of foam on each end to keep the dust out. it is built like a tank in my opinion.

yea, i have the same problem w/ my new bag and it's flap.  I have an email out to them and they have asked for a picture.  Although I did use it in some good rain this weekend and everything stayed remarkably dry.
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 09:25:27 PM »

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »
Another vote for a Sonicase here.  I have the smaller model and don't see how I went so long without one.  Pricey, yes, but worth every penny.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • beep boop
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 12:01:14 PM »
Another vote for a Sonicase here.  I have the smaller model and don't see how I went so long without one.  Pricey, yes, but worth every penny.

Is there a 2 shelf version? I only saw 3 & 4, I think both of those are overkill for me.
In: AT853>PMD620
Out: PC>MOTU Ultralite AVB>M-Audio BX8a/Grace m900

DAW: Ableton Live 10

My LMA Recordings

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »

Is there a 2 shelf version? I only saw 3 & 4, I think both of those are overkill for me.

The three-shelf case is actually smaller than you may think.  Looking at your rig setup from your signature line, one shelf would house the 671, another would hold the V3, and the last shelf holds batteries, microphones, and cables.  It is actually a fairly small footprint, maybe one cubic foot or a shade larger.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2009, 11:32:47 AM »
I've got the same type of all vinyl cover on mine. It's basically the same thing only that it's all vinyl instead of vinyl/fabric. Serves the same purpose. I'd put all your stuff into it and then see how it looks. Also, pull your handles out so that they are outside of the vinyl.

Hey manitouman, can you possibly post a picture or 2 of your Pegz with the top closed? It's not the all vinyl vs vinyl/fabric combo that bothers me, it's the *size* of the top flap......it doesn't really close the interior of the bag off, at all.

My LMA Recordings

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
Petrol Pegz owners, please enter
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 08:44:40 AM »
If anyone could possibly post a couple pics of a Pegz-1 or 2 all closed up with the top flap on, I'd appreciate it.

If you can't post pics.....does the top fit snugly on your bag? Or is there a big open space like in the pics in my post from 4/17? The vendor keeps telling me it is a design change, and I just do not understand it.

My LMA Recordings

Offline darby

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Petrol Pegz owners, please enter
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 09:13:21 AM »
If anyone could possibly post a couple pics of a Pegz-1 or 2 all closed up with the top flap on, I'd appreciate it.
If you can't post pics.....does the top fit snugly on your bag? Or is there a big open space like in the pics in my post from 4/17? The vendor keeps telling me it is a design change, and I just do not understand it.

is this what you need to see?:

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:15 AM »

Yes, exactly, thank you. So would you agree that mine looks wrong? I wonder if it's the flap for a pegz-2.

My LMA Recordings

Offline darby

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 09:43:15 AM »
Yes, exactly, thank you. So would you agree that mine looks wrong? I wonder if it's the flap for a pegz-2.

I still have no clue what that flap is

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »
I still have no clue what that flap is

I'm insinuating he means the top piece that pulls back (has that clear piece in the middle). The Portabrace AO series has a similar function.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »

[/quote]
I think i am in the same boat, my pegz1-f flap looks nothing like that it it almost 2-3" longer top to bottom.  looks like your earlier pictures
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:21:58 PM by fozzy »
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
I saw this late last night but will post you some pictures when I get home. I think I know what you mean...the top flap forms a tent instead up pulling taught from velcro to velcro (or from handle to handle) right? Mine fits tight and lays flat when it's closed. I'll shoot some pics tonight for you to see.
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »

I think i am in the same boat, my pegz1-f flap looks nothing like that it it almost 2-3" longer top to bottom.  looks like your earlier pictures
[/quote]

Fozzy, where did you buy yours?

I was poking around on the Petrol website, and looked under Service>Spare Parts>Sound Bags>PEGZ-1, and I notice that they have listed as a spare part the SP-1073, which looks *exactly* like the piece I seem to be missing. The rep at the vendor is telling me that the part is discontinued, and I can't find any mention of it being for sale anywhere, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Ugh this is annoying.

I saw this late last night but will post you some pictures when I get home. I think I know what you mean...the top flap forms a tent instead up pulling taught from velcro to velcro (or from handle to handle) right? Mine fits tight and lays flat when it's closed. I'll shoot some pics tonight for you to see.

Exactly. Thank you.

My LMA Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com