Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Outdoor Bag suggestions ( Petrol Pegz owners, please enter)  (Read 18667 times)

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Los Bulls!!!
Re: Outdoor Bag suggestions ( Petrol Pegz owners, please enter)
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2009, 01:56:07 PM »
Looking back at your pictures and seeing the side view...you can tell the velcro's are in place but you still get the "tent" which should not be happening. It should lay flat. I'd ask to exchange for a new one and tell them that this one is defective. It hasn't been that long since you bought it has it? Send them the pictures you posted and show them that the bag won't extend any further out to flatten out that cover. Be nice and usually you'll get your way. I'll still post pics tonight though.
Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • beep boop
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »
Looking back at your pictures and seeing the side view...you can tell the velcro's are in place but you still get the "tent" which should not be happening. It should lay flat. I'd ask to exchange for a new one and tell them that this one is defective. It hasn't been that long since you bought it has it? Send them the pictures you posted and show them that the bag won't extend any further out to flatten out that cover. Be nice and usually you'll get your way. I'll still post pics tonight though.

I have now been deling with this for almost a month, and tried every conceiveable way of getting my point across to the vendor, so far with no luck. He keeps stating that it is the correct top, and that Petrol 'changed the design'. I just finally called the Petrol US Distributor, bypassing the vendor entirely. The distributor said the same thing (the top I have is the 'new' and 'correct' top', and he also told me that it is a 'one size fits all', that the same cover is used for the PEGZ-1, 2 and 3 now.  Making a ‘one size fits all top’ for a very expensive bag that is solely designed to protect very expensive electronic gear does not make a lot of sense to me.
In: AT853>PMD620
Out: PC>MOTU Ultralite AVB>M-Audio BX8a/Grace m900

DAW: Ableton Live 10

My LMA Recordings

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »
I got mine at B&H about the same time you got yours
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 02:26:52 PM »
I got mine at B&H about the same time you got yours

This makes me think that Petrol probably did change the top flap. :(

Shit. Everything else about this bag is perfect. Oh well, I have a question in to Camera Dynamics (US dist), hopefully they can get me an answer.

My LMA Recordings

Offline orechall

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »
my top of my petrol bag is not like the one you got.  I do know that apparently they start shipping a different strap with the pegz bags. 
DPA 4023's & 4028's->Lunatec V2 /Lunatec ACM V3/Sonosax SX-M2/AETA PSP-3(x2)

Hi-Ho Silver Cables and Interconnects

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 02:36:30 PM »
my top of my petrol bag is not like the one you got.  I do know that apparently they start shipping a different strap with the pegz bags. 
What's the difference in the straps?
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline orechall

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 02:38:03 PM »
the newer strap has more of a neoprene feel to it.  I know louie got one with his bag
DPA 4023's & 4028's->Lunatec V2 /Lunatec ACM V3/Sonosax SX-M2/AETA PSP-3(x2)

Hi-Ho Silver Cables and Interconnects

Offline manitouman

• Trade Count: (36)
  • Los Bulls!!!
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2009, 04:50:32 PM »
Sorry for the delay...I'd see about sending it back and getting it from another vendor. I wouldn't be happy with that cover like that. Not at all! Otherwise you have very expensive bag you don't like and you'll have the stink face. Send it back, get another one from someone else. My $0.02 for what it's worth.

Mics: AKG CK31, CK32>LM 3> MPA III

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2009, 06:37:53 PM »
Sorry for the delay...I'd see about sending it back and getting it from another vendor. I wouldn't be happy with that cover like that. Not at all! Otherwise you have very expensive bag you don't like and you'll have the stink face. Send it back, get another one from someone else. My $0.02 for what it's worth.

Sick, thank you very much.

My LMA Recordings

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
Re: Petrol Pegz owners, please enter
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2009, 08:28:18 AM »
If anyone could possibly post a couple pics of a Pegz-1 or 2 all closed up with the top flap on, I'd appreciate it.
If you can't post pics.....does the top fit snugly on your bag? Or is there a big open space like in the pics in my post from 4/17? The vendor keeps telling me it is a design change, and I just do not understand it.

is this what you need to see?:

Yes, exactly, thank you. So would you agree that mine looks wrong? I wonder if it's the flap for a pegz-2.
The flap on my Pegs2 looks just like the one in the picture. (like the one in Manitoman's pic.) It's not the totally clear one like you have.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:54:54 AM by Kevin Straker »
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2009, 10:32:53 AM »
M. have you tried tucking the flaps inside the bag. It actually works pretty good. the complete clear window is what sets this bag apart. you shouldn't send the bag back. Also, if it is really dusty outside, I still bring a light towel or piece of fabric to drape over the bag for addtional dust protection.

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »
M. have you tried tucking the flaps inside the bag. It actually works pretty good. the complete clear window is what sets this bag apart. you shouldn't send the bag back. Also, if it is really dusty outside, I still bring a light towel or piece of fabric to drape over the bag for addtional dust protection.

I've tried a bunch of make-shift solutions, none of which have been satisfactory. And quite frankly, I should not really have to do this for a $200+ bag.

My top is not right. Look at my pics, and look at Manitouman's.  There is a 3" 'tent' in mine. I can put my entire arm in it. Running this bag outdoors in the rain with this top would more or less ensure destroying a bunch of gear. Just sucks that it's impossible to get a hold of Petrol directly, since the vendor & the US distributor don't appear to know all that much about the product.

My LMA Recordings

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2009, 11:46:19 AM »

I've tried a bunch of make-shift solutions, none of which have been satisfactory. And quite frankly, I should not really have to do this for a $200+ bag.

My top is not right. Look at my pics, and look at Manitouman's.  There is a 3" 'tent' in mine. I can put my entire arm in it. Running this bag outdoors in the rain with this top would more or less ensure destroying a bunch of gear. Just sucks that it's impossible to get a hold of Petrol directly, since the vendor & the US distributor don't appear to know all that much about the product.

if it is going to rain that hard, I bring a trashbag no matter what bag I am running.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2010, 08:46:34 PM »
so the 3 is really only 1.2 inches wider than the 2? and a little taller?

does it really look that much bigger than a 2?

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
i'll be answering my own question tomorrow when i have the ps602 and ps603 side by side

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.12 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com