Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help in choosing preamp/microphones  (Read 16223 times)

dorrcoq

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Help in choosing preamp/microphones
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2006, 01:45:08 AM »
DAMN!  Is there no way to turn off that "feature"?  Somebody had a bad idea there!

Offline King Ghidora

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 12:37:47 AM »
The way I understand it there is no way to turn off the automatic track mark feature on some MD's.  I believe it's mostly the HIMD's but I'm not really sure.  I do know it's impossible for some models.

Offline goldenbreast

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2008, 09:16:58 AM »
i guess the only other argument would be is

if ur stealthing HI-MD recording in lossless

ur 1h 34m mark goes up and time for a disc switch - the disc switch increases ur change of being caught  :-\

this is the exact reason why im thinking of getting a flash recorder. ive only taped one show in a low key venue. ive got a couple of gigs coming up - neil young, joe bonamassa. i found it a bit tricky switching md's while taping my first show. adding to that, i kept checking to see how long i had left on each disc. the thought if being able to turn a recorder on and just leaving it to run sounds like a dream. i have the church audio cards and church audio 9100 pre. can anyone recommend the best setup if i had the following (i.e. which inputs to use)

edirol r-09 > church audio 9100 pre > church audio cards

p.s. would i need to use the pre to record loud rock gigs? (im guessing its a yes)

cheers guys

Alex

nameloc01

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »
Hi-mds are great for some and not for others. The day i cant buy 1gb blanks anymore is the day i stop taping. And i have more trust in my m100 than any other recorder you could put in front of me.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com