Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bags for 722...  (Read 20034 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bags for 722...
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »
considering that some of my fishing reels cost as much as a 722, i'll disagree.

Ha.  I have to chuckle.  This statement is so freaking true about men and our grown up toys! 

I mean, I don't fish, and at first I thought I agreed with the original statement.  After taking just 30 seconds to think about it though, it's easy to conclude that ain't NO WAY your average fisherman spends less on gear in their hobby than we do on ours. 

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 08:42:13 PM »
Thanks Steve. I could careless about the tickets, but I have lost like 700 of them in the last few months ??? Oh well, I have REAL problems to worry about in my life :) And that aint one of them.

And what it comes down to folks is what works for YOU!!! Noone else is going to be running OUR gear. Whatever bag makes you feel comfortable is what you should use. For my MBHO Actives setup, that just happens to be an AR-7+RM-Deluxe :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2007, 09:20:16 PM »
clearly there are two ways to house a 722....my way and the wrong way.

:P
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

stevetoney

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2007, 09:22:42 PM »
So, in a blink of an eye, you can quickly get to the mid $1k's for a rod and reel, as a starting point for quality gear.

Yeah, but if I were into it...knowing how I am...that's only the tip of the iceberg.  You got your bass boat, motor, trailer, all the fixin's that go with the boat.  You got your other gear on top of the rod and real.  You got licenses.  You got airfares to Alaska.  It doesn't end!

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2007, 10:11:52 PM »
There isn't always room to run your rig from a bag.  With this drink rail there is no way I could reach the floor to adjust levels, etc.

That's a sweet setup.  How are your V3 & 722 suspended like that?
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

stevetoney

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2007, 10:39:13 PM »
There isn't always room to run your rig from a bag.  With this drink rail there is no way I could reach the floor to adjust levels, etc.

That pic shows some creative use of duct tape and tie-wraps.  I noticed all the duct tape covering the lights on the 722!  Duct tape comes in handy for alot of stuff, but I don't think I'd like the thought of duct tape goo gettin' all over my 702.  That goo can bung things up pretty good.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2007, 10:58:13 PM »

Thanks. The rack is suspended from the drink rail by that red quick release strap. I don't normally run that much gear (comp night)..  I've been wanting to try hanging the bag from the rail.

I noticed all the duct tape covering the lights on the 722!  Duct tape comes in handy for alot of stuff, but I don't think I'd like the thought of duct tape goo gettin' all over my 702.

You think I'm Red Green up in Canada or something, eh?  Permacel gaffer tape. 

The LEDs are too distracting for intimate venues. Better to cover them then have someone complain (rightfully) about the distraction. I only need to see a few level LEDs leaking through the edge of the tape.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2007, 11:36:19 PM »

Thanks. The rack is suspended from the drink rail by that red quick release strap. I don't normally run that much gear (comp night)..  I've been wanting to try hanging the bag from the rail.

I noticed all the duct tape covering the lights on the 722!  Duct tape comes in handy for alot of stuff, but I don't think I'd like the thought of duct tape goo gettin' all over my 702.

You think I'm Red Green up in Canada or something, eh?  Permacel gaffer tape. 

The LEDs are too distracting for intimate venues. Better to cover them then have someone complain (rightfully) about the distraction. I only need to see a few level LEDs leaking through the edge of the tape.

why dont you just try stealth mode on the 7xx? doesnt that have everything shut off except the lcd screen? or am I mistaken?
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2007, 11:51:57 PM »
That mode is handy but you don't get any meters at all.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2007, 11:59:31 PM »

you still get the red 3db light on the left hand side.  just pretend you're running an SBM1.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2007, 12:11:26 AM »

Well, I set up, set my levels very conservatively, switch to "stealth mode" and forget about it.  What am I going to do?  Turn it down after it peaks?  Not much sense of that.  My levels are low enough, and I engage the limiter, that overloading has never been a problem.  I can always raise the level in post.  I cannot lower it and make all that nasty clipping go away.  As usual, YMMV  8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »
Just got the AR-7 today so heres a few pictures:

That is the pelican 1060 in the outside pocket which fits in it perfectly.  I ordered the RM-Multi/D which should be in tomorrow or Friday.  I could use a little more room for some extra stuff but if I had to I could get cable straps and just carry the shocks +mic bar on the stand and this will work.  I also ordered a smaller pelican, 1040?, so it should free up a little extra space.  This bag is great, fits the 722 very snug.  I like it more than the CS-3 it feels like it is made better.

More pictures to come...
481(3)>722

Offline dennisrtyler

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2007, 07:21:28 PM »
very nice Kevin!
4. im so abrasive i make sandpaper nervous.

Schoeps CMR/mk4 > Naiant PFA > Oade Concert Mod Marantz PMD-661

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2007, 08:33:53 AM »
Soon after I posted the last pictures last night, the Multi/D showed up.  Heres a few with it and some comparisons to the AR-7.  It seems to have enough room for all my gear: 722, pelican 1060, 2 AT 8410's, mic bar, cables, super clamp.  Ill post some pictures this weekend with everything all packed up and make sure everything fits nicely.
481(3)>722

stevetoney

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2007, 10:35:14 AM »
Soon after I posted the last pictures last night, the Multi/D showed up.  Heres a few with it and some comparisons to the AR-7.  It seems to have enough room for all my gear: 722, pelican 1060, 2 AT 8410's, mic bar, cables, super clamp.  Ill post some pictures this weekend with everything all packed up and make sure everything fits nicely.

If you don't have enough room with all that bag space, then you should consider adding some posts to the YS!!!   ;D ;)

Seriously tough, if you need more room, that Pelican would be the first thing I'd look as options for downsizing.  I think you started that thread asking about storage options for the 480's...without the 1060 and with some of the small sized options for mic storage, you'd have AT LEAST half of that pocket available to you...probably more. 

I think someone mentioned that the Pelican would survive a tank attack and that's true.  But when you're out taping the mics aren't in the Pelican but out and on a stand, or in transport from home to the venue.  Maybe consider storing the mics in the Pelican at home, but use toothbrush holders or something less bulky for transport between home and the venue???  Just some thoughts.

BTW, does anyone else find it kinda funny and symptomatic of TS.com gear-slut addiction that we're on almost Page 7 talking about BAGS for the 722 for crissakes???  I think it's pretty comical, actually.   ::) :laugh:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.11 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com