Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: shure a53m question with a homemade KWON/WONK bar  (Read 1384 times)

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
shure a53m question with a homemade KWON/WONK bar
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »
I'm making my own DIY Kwon bar for my ck91 actives. Found this thread here and am pretty much going this same route using 1/2 pvc tubing with a couple of 45 degree angle pieces.

Was thinking of the A53M mount to hold said DIY bar, but the pvc tube is coming in around 20mm outside diameter, and the diameter of the mount is at 19mm.

Can anyone who owns one of these mounts chime in to shed some light? I'm wondering how much "give" there is on those a53m mounts if you try to put a mic/whatever in it that's just a tad bigger.

If this mount won't work (and with the schoeps donut mount out of my price range, but something high on my list if it were a bit cheaper), thinking I'll go with something similiar to the joemeek, or something that holds mic sizes in the 20mm range, and something that'll have a little "give" to it, basically what you see here

I'd prefer to go more low profile if I could, so that's why I'm looking at the a53m.

TIA!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:07:08 PM by norma023 »

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: shure a53m question with a homemade KWON/WONK bar
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 04:24:15 PM »
I run AKG 460s with the A53M mounts. They are tight given the mics 21mm diameter, but not too difficult to deal with getting the mic bodies in and out since I usually rub a dab of plain talc inside the rings every once in a while. They are low profile on the T-bar and also easy to pack since they are so small.

AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: shure a53m question with a homemade KWON/WONK bar
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »
that's the answer I was hoping for. Danke !!

+t as well!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com