Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mics are cutting out  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Industrial

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Live concert trading
Mics are cutting out
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:18:56 PM »
Recently, I purchased a pair of used CSB mics and they have been cutting during recording.  The sound quality on them is great and it would be perfect if it wasn't for this problem.  It isn't like volume problems, it just does a solid cut in the middle of recording and at times it sounds like I am scratching the mic on something.  I doubt this is a recorder problem, I am wondering if it an actual mic problem, a cable problem or the jack is screwed up and how to fix it.
Audio: Audio Reality Homemade Binaurals > MZ-R70
Video: Panasonic PV-GS90

Offline terabyte23

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Mics are cutting out
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:56:56 PM »
I had the same problem years ago with my CSBs.  At least it sounds like the same problem.  Turned out to be a bad cable.
AKG ck61/ck63 > Naiant couplings > Naiant Tinybox > M10
CA-14 cards/omnis > SP-SPSB-8 > M10

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:43:49 PM »
I had this problem when I had CSB mics as well.  I should have sent them back, but ended up getting a new pair of mics from another manufacturer.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline Industrial

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Live concert trading
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »
I may send them to Core Sound to get fixed, how much would it cost?  Mine are definately not under warranty anymore.  One of my friends bought the mics off ebay, used it a couple times and it worked good and after half a year or so, sold it to me.  They worked flawlessly the first time but the next time there were audio cuts :\
Audio: Audio Reality Homemade Binaurals > MZ-R70
Video: Panasonic PV-GS90

Offline shaggy28

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 09:08:29 PM »
mine actually do it too. Ive had them for about 5 years and they started about 2 years ago. It used to just cut one channel then about a month ago it started dropping both with that static you're talking about. If you figure out what the problem is and how to fix it i'd love to hear about it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com