Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: help making a standard dvd  (Read 2995 times)

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
help making a standard dvd
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:14:16 AM »
have a couple of home made dvd's of my daughters basketball season that i would like to make copyies for the family.  i put them on my HD and burned them to dvd, but they wont play on a standard dvd player.  i clicked the option so they would play on other devices other than my lap top.  what do i need to do?  some kind of format?  thanks,  ed
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: help making a standard dvd
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:18:50 AM »
How were they created originally?  On a stand alone DVD recorder or DVD camcorder?  You should be able to copy the VIDEO_TS folder to the HD and use ImgBurn to put it on DVD.

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:45:54 AM »
sorry about that.  most r pictures made into a slide show, and i think there r some video clips from a iphone.  i think they used a mac to create the dvd.  they r in video_ts folders and used my widows dvd maker.  the disks play on my lapy but not on a standard dvd palyer.  i did click the option so the disks could paly on all devices, but it snot happening.  any help would be great.  ed
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
Does the DVD you were given have a VIDEO_TS folder with the file structure listed here:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvd

Does the disc you were given play in a regular DVD player and the copy you made won't?

It doesn't matter what they made it with originally as long as they made it into a standard DVD.  PC and MAC both have numerous programs for that.

If the DVD they ave you plays and you just want to make copies put the VIDEO_TS folder on your HD and use ImgBurn.  It's free and not difficult to use.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 07:51:49 AM »
if it was made on a mac the folder structure is good
you must not be ripping/burning it right
it has been a long time since i did it on a pc but basically you need to make a disc with the video_ts folder AND a audio_ts folder
some players will not work without the audio folder as well, it should be empty but there
imgburn recommended above i hear is really easy and works good, but make sure you have the audio_ts folder too and fwiw if someone who really knows what they are doing made the dvd it might also have a extras_ts folder which would include text files, md5, cover art - whatever extra they might include
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline odmen01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 06:13:40 PM »
first make a ISO image.....then burn it with Nero 10.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com