Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealth filming help  (Read 14418 times)

Offline TimeBandit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Stealth filming help
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 11:42:18 AM »
looks like your camera has a problem of fast picture changes, like the flashes on stage, simple explained the processor has more to do to convert this as just filming a steady scene.

maybe test it at home too with your class 10 card.. just record in front of the TV - or use a computer game or video where flashes appear, if you camera freezes there to maybe it's really the problem of your camera that she might be defective.

2015 rig: CA-11 -> CA-9100 -> PCM-M10
2016 rig: Sony PCM-M10 + SP-SPSB-4 microphone plug-in power supply +  SP-CMC8 with Low Sens mod
[backup: CA-9100 - Tascam DR-05 Firmware 2.0 + Yamaha Pocketrak W24]
video 2016: Casio EX-100 HS (same as Olympus Stylus1 - but much smaller - japan import not availiable in EU)

Offline mec111272

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Me? Who me? I'm not doing anything!
    • My LMA List
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2011, 07:34:37 PM »
I also have a ZS-7 and I got a killer pull of Disney Princess on Ice  ;D, and A North Mississippi All Stars Show.  Mounted the camera to the mic stands set it and forget it. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/mec111272?feature=mhee

Keep in mind that although it tapes seamless, it creates files only up to 4 gig, so the whole show ends up split in 4 gig chunks. I have a 16 gig transcend SDHC card, never a problem.
Neumann KM-140,Church Audio Ca-14, Card Omni, CAD e70

Edirol UA-5 (T+ mod), Church Audio CA-9200, M148

Tascam DR2D, Marantz PMD 660 (Oade Songcatcher)

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 08:52:28 AM »
I also have a ZS-7 and I got a killer pull of Disney Princess on Ice  ;D, and A North Mississippi All Stars Show.  Mounted the camera to the mic stands set it and forget it. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/mec111272?feature=mhee

Keep in mind that although it tapes seamless, it creates files only up to 4 gig, so the whole show ends up split in 4 gig chunks. I have a 16 gig transcend SDHC card, never a problem.

If you had knocked the exposure down a notch or two - that NMAS video would have looked a lot nicer.  It's really simple to do and well worth the trouble.

Just sayin...
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline mec111272

• Taperssection Member
  • Me? Who me? I'm not doing anything!
    • My LMA List
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2011, 12:32:56 PM »
I read that earlier in the thread,  I am going to try that next time. 

Mike Gordon at The Met, Pawtucket, RI

That coffee can guitar is pretty cool. My first exposure to NMAS, they are really a good time.
Neumann KM-140,Church Audio Ca-14, Card Omni, CAD e70

Edirol UA-5 (T+ mod), Church Audio CA-9200, M148

Tascam DR2D, Marantz PMD 660 (Oade Songcatcher)

Offline calawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • calawler on Youtube
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2011, 06:57:02 PM »
My ZS3 has frozen at least twice in the past, I just did it again a few days ago. When it freezes, I have to remove the battery to get it to function again. My memory card is a Transcend 32GB class 10. Both times that it has frozen, it's done so near the end of the show which made me think it was some sort of a heat issue.
http://www.youtube.com/user/calawler

Lumix ZS3, ZS7, ZS10, Tascam DR-05

Offline hellawaits77

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 03:57:50 AM »
My ZS3 has frozen at least twice in the past, I just did it again a few days ago. When it freezes, I have to remove the battery to get it to function again. My memory card is a Transcend 32GB class 10. Both times that it has frozen, it's done so near the end of the show which made me think it was some sort of a heat issue.

Could be.  My ZS-10 get's hot as hell after about 40 minutes.

Offline hellawaits77

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 05:41:04 AM »
So only like 3 people in this thread crotch a legit cam?  Shoot, I'd rather be uncomfortable for a few minutes and film w/ a legit hi definition camcorder than film w/ a digicam.  Of course, at some venues, you simply CAN'T film a/ a legit camcorder, cause it's too easy to get busted.  And some digicams are great, but none of them (at least regular P+S versions) can touch a legit hi-def camcorder, quality-wise.  But most places, you just gotta be ballsy and hope for the best.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:44:18 AM by hellawaits77 »

Offline tapeheadtoo

• Taperssection Member
    • My Dime stuff
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 10:00:18 AM »
It all comes down to risk analysis... with a good measure of luck.

So only like 3 people in this thread crotch a legit cam?  Shoot, I'd rather be uncomfortable for a few minutes and film w/ a legit hi definition camcorder than film w/ a digicam.  Of course, at some venues, you simply CAN'T film a/ a legit camcorder, cause it's too easy to get busted.  And some digicams are great, but none of them (at least regular P+S versions) can touch a legit hi-def camcorder, quality-wise.  But most places, you just gotta be ballsy and hope for the best.

Mics: Schoeps MK4, DPA 4061, AT953, Shure MV88
Preamps/BB: Nbox, tinybox, ST-9100, CA-UGLY, SP-SPSB-10
Recorders: In use--Teenage Engineering TX6, Tascam DR-2d, Sony PCM-A10, Zoom L-20R; collecting dust--Sony M10, Ediirol R-09, Zoom H4n, Zoom H6, Cymatic LR16
Video: In use--Panasonic VX981, Panasonic ZS100, GoPro Hero 10/11; collecting dust--Sony HDR-CX520V, Sony HX9V, Panasonic ZS3/ZS7

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »
It all comes down to anyone who is any good at this is not saying stupid shit on a public forum.

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 12:59:06 PM »

Several of my shoots have been right on the rail where it would have been next to impossible to pull off with a real camcorder. My HX9V P&S does almost as good a job, and I would rather have a rail shot steady show, with it, than attempt to shoot from further back with a "real" camcorder.

Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline tapeheadtoo

• Taperssection Member
    • My Dime stuff
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 03:11:46 PM »
...I would rather have a rail shot steady show, with it, than attempt to shoot from further back with a "real" camcorder.

Yeah.  If you want to display your balls with a "real" camcorder and get busted midway through, go right ahead.  The rest of us will be quietly getting the job done any way we can.
Mics: Schoeps MK4, DPA 4061, AT953, Shure MV88
Preamps/BB: Nbox, tinybox, ST-9100, CA-UGLY, SP-SPSB-10
Recorders: In use--Teenage Engineering TX6, Tascam DR-2d, Sony PCM-A10, Zoom L-20R; collecting dust--Sony M10, Ediirol R-09, Zoom H4n, Zoom H6, Cymatic LR16
Video: In use--Panasonic VX981, Panasonic ZS100, GoPro Hero 10/11; collecting dust--Sony HDR-CX520V, Sony HX9V, Panasonic ZS3/ZS7

Offline hellawaits77

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 05:19:48 PM »
...I would rather have a rail shot steady show, with it, than attempt to shoot from further back with a "real" camcorder.

If you want to display your balls

???

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »
One other thing to think about is camera are all so good now, that so many other factors besides the camera determine how good the video will end up looking. How close you are, how steady can you hold a camera, sneaking in tripods, having good separate audio, etc...The videos "watchability" has more to do with that now a days than the camera. I'd take a well shot Lumix show over a ok shot "real camcorder" any day.

:) Edited to add...

Your Metallica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy0zAvkHzv8

My Metallica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsWrgpG-bR0
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:20:55 PM by Chrisedge »
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »
One other thing to think about is camera are all so good now, that so many other factors besides the camera determine how good the video will end up looking. How close you are, how steady can you hold a camera, sneaking in tripods, having good separate audio, etc...The videos "watchability" has more to do with that now a days than the camera.

Not to mention...tweaking your camera's settings for optimal footage.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline hellawaits77

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 11:37:52 PM »
Your Metallica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy0zAvkHzv8

My Metallica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsWrgpG-bR0

Yeah, Big 4 was tough.  Nose bleeds w/ a 10x zoom.  Never claimed it was great.  And your Battery vid is very nice ;D

My Metallica - Albany 2009 (downgraded to standard def for quicker uploading) - Better conditions and such:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_XQI8QKBCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpnAsndUGds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22g_HBpV1M8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHZZnede00&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL6337ABA82CA4DA08
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:43:22 PM by hellawaits77 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com