Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: audiofile-engineering wave editor  (Read 48065 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: audiofile-engineering wave editor
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2013, 11:02:35 AM »
Nice. I would live to see that file. Thanks for the offer.

I'd like to see how to use Triumph, too.  I was a beta tester and couldn't figure out how to do the most basic things.  Then again, maybe it's because they were pre-release versions

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »

I'd like to see how to use Triumph, too.  I was a beta tester and couldn't figure out how to do the most basic things.  Then again, maybe it's because they were pre-release versions
yeah. I have not been able to figure out triumph at all. I tried, too.
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2013, 02:13:03 PM »
so I tried using the r44 in 2xmono mode. so now I have two mono files, one left and one right. but when I load the files into wave editor, I am unable to make one of the channels left, and one of them right. how do I do this..? thanks, in advance.

I have to hand it to customer support @ Audiofile Engineering (support@audiofile-engineering.com). They got right back to me when I sent them an email asking how to do something on a program that is now obsolete...

Create a new document (File > New > Default)
Click File > Load...
Select your dual mono audio files
Set "Load audio as:" to Channels
Click Open

Now if I can just figure out how to make sure the channel I recorded as left is opened as left, and right is right, I will be all set...
-macdaddy ++

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2013, 02:15:59 PM »
Now if I can just figure out how to make sure the channel I recorded as left is opened as left, and right is right, I will be all set...

there's a menu option to show a channel list

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »
Thanks.

You mean the channel window..? When they are loaded as channels, both show up as "mono"

They do not show up separately in the layer window/view...

Or am I missing something..?

-macdaddy ++

Offline scb

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2013, 11:12:55 PM »
yes, a channel is mono. but doesn't it show which was which? I'm forgetting without having the app open in front of me

what were the names of the files you loaded?

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2013, 01:20:44 AM »
yes, a channel is mono. but doesn't it show which was which? I'm forgetting without having the app open in front of me

what were the names of the files you loaded?
thanks.

the r44 names the tracks 1.wav and 2.wav (1 is left and 2 is right). those names do not show in the channel or layer windows...
-macdaddy ++

Offline scb

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »
wave editor loads 1 into the left and 2 into the right by default.  you should be fine

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2013, 09:57:29 PM »
wave editor loads 1 into the left and 2 into the right by default.  you should be fine
many thanks. +T

Fwiw, customer service confirmed this with an email I rec'd this am (which I have pasted below the dotted lines)...

This is great since mono x2 or mono x4 is the way to go at 2496 so I don't get file splits, which solves all sorts of ticky-tack hassles I was having...

----

The easiest way would be to load them one at time: you can import each audio file one at a time with File > Load.... The next file that's loaded is simply added as the next channel - left being the first channel that gets occupied.

Or you can arrange the files in the file system so that the left channel is alphabetically/numerically listed before the right channel. Then, when selecting the files together in the File > Load... screen they'll load in the correct order.
-macdaddy ++

Offline -sam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • that goes double for you buddy
    • slincoln.org
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2013, 03:07:57 PM »

The things I dislike about Triumph are
1) it's a hard drive hog -- my Triumph file from Set 2 of Wednesday's Umphrey's show is like 13 gig.
2) When i was trying to merge two really honking big 24/96 wave files together it refused to paste at the end like wave editor does, which was crazy annoying
3) when I flattened that resulting super big ass 24/96 it did so as a 44.1khz file ???

If I'm dealing with sub two hours sets Triumph isn't terrible, though I wish SRC > Dither was more straightforward.  Alternately I'm way over-thinking things. 

You just get the feeling though that Triumph was not designed with what I (we?) tend to do in mind.

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2013, 11:28:48 AM »

Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog = Triumph the Insult Comedy DAW
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2013, 05:25:23 PM »
I have a question related toy inquiry regarding loading mono files as channels...

What if I record four channels, 1+2 are left/right microphones and 3+4 are left/right soundboard. If I record in 4x mono, how do I make sure that all those channels load up properly and are designated to the proper channels..? The r44 names them 1.wav 2.wav 3.wav 4.wav

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance on this matter...
-macdaddy ++

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2013, 06:30:22 PM »
I have a question related toy inquiry regarding loading mono files as channels...

What if I record four channels, 1+2 are left/right microphones and 3+4 are left/right soundboard. If I record in 4x mono, how do I make sure that all those channels load up properly and are designated to the proper channels..? The r44 names them 1.wav 2.wav 3.wav 4.wav

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance on this matter...

Doesn't one of your own posts answer this, the bolded portion?

many thanks. +T

Fwiw, customer service confirmed this with an email I rec'd this am (which I have pasted below the dotted lines)...

This is great since mono x2 or mono x4 is the way to go at 2496 so I don't get file splits, which solves all sorts of ticky-tack hassles I was having...

----

The easiest way would be to load them one at time: you can import each audio file one at a time with File > Load.... The next file that's loaded is simply added as the next channel - left being the first channel that gets occupied.

Or you can arrange the files in the file system so that the left channel is alphabetically/numerically listed before the right channel. Then, when selecting the files together in the File > Load... screen they'll load in the correct order.

Just make sure to load them in the order you want them to appear; or am I missing something here?

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2013, 07:01:23 PM »
I will have two left channels and two right channels...
-macdaddy ++

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »
So I recorded a four channel wav file last night. When I open it in wave editor, all four channels show, but the 3amd4 channels are labelled as surround  channels and will not play (at least no sound from those channels comes through my l/r speakers....

How can I route those channels to be mono or stereo..? In this case, I actually want them both to be mono, as they were different vocal board feeds. Sometimes, however, I will want these to simply be l/r.

So what I want to do is figure how to route a channel that is designated automatically as surround to mono or left, right...

I loaded the wav as a smartedits, because I have several of them I need to piece together consecutively...

Thanks, in advance.
-macdaddy ++

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com