Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mk012 or similar size Windscreen recs  (Read 1570 times)

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
mk012 or similar size Windscreen recs
« on: March 18, 2004, 12:40:55 PM »
summer in Texas = Lots of ceiling fans and AC.  

Last night wasn't even that hot, but the club i was in has about 20 ceiling fans @ ~8' (watched the waitress loose a beer on her tray to a fan).  I was also near the main entrance catching a stiff breeze from outdoors.

currently i am running the screens that came w/ my mics i bought from olyrc on this board (thin and small, more like smoke screens) and then i have some generic vocal mic screens i put over them(look like they would fit a SM58).  Doesn't fit too well but does alright w/ some muddyness but not too bad when the PA is cranked.

I am looking for something with a little better performance.  More wind protection w/ less effect on the sound.

I have seen folks talk about the Shure A81WS and the DPA's.  I believe the mk012's are .75" in diameter.

What are ya'll using in this situation. ???
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re:mk012 or similar size Windscreen recs
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 01:25:59 PM »
Per the Archival Info windscreen thread (ahem :P), both the (big-ass) Shure A81WS and DPA UA0896 will work with your Oktavas.

The Shure's are a bit big and bulky for indoors, but are more effective than the DPAs outdoors.  The DPAs are lower profile than the Shures for indoors, but aren't as effective outdoors (though plenty of people use them outdoors).
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re:mk012 or similar size Windscreen recs
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 03:14:39 PM »
thanks for the reply.  +T
I had seen archive thread a while back which  had led me to the dpa'a and shures.  
I am leaning toward the shures because most of the places i go to are more windy indoors than an average outdoor venue but I am concerned w/ effecting the sound.  
Has anyone ran their dpa's 2-3 feet directly below a ceiling fan or AC vent w/ decent results?
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.251 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com