Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Eliminating camera shake  (Read 14205 times)

Offline xjsb125

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • An Our Lady Peace Fan Forum
Re: Eliminating camera shake
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 03:33:57 AM »
I figured it was UN-salvageable. I ran it through deshaker a few different ways and had no improvement. I hadn't thought about the OIS on the camcamera, so I'll keep that in mind for next time. I think I will try out one of those puzzle piece exercise mats and see how that goes next time.
"I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life, the way I want to."

Offline techgui

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 09:02:15 AM »
Thanks for posting the clip. What you have is motion blur, caused by the shake.  You can't do anything to fix that.  Was it caused by the floor shaking or the camera? 

Offline furburger

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »
I found a HUGE bag of these dense foam wedges (think garbage bag sized) at the dump here in Alaska one day (we have "re-use" platforms at 'em, I'm not a 'diver', so to speak), still have a couple hundred...about 3 inches thick, think the shape of a small slice of pie.

I'd be happy to mail a half dozen to a few peeps who do video if they think it'd help, I ALWAYS carry 'em in my taper bag, and I usually travel to the states twice a year to film as well (for the last 4-5 years, anyway)

PM me here or hagaralaska at gmail if you're interested.
-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline Raw data

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • RAW and JPG sequences to video for easy playback and edit
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 06:53:34 AM »
Like others said, it doesn't look like a camera body vibration to me - it looks like the OIS reacting.

Please turn off OIS when on tripod (not only because of vibrations...)

I'm afraid the footage is not salvageable, sorry. BTW the problem should be easily seen on the cam's monitor while recording...
RAW footage to standard video+audio, with proper timecode
Also JPG timelapse sequences to video previews
Super easy: http://Raw4pro.com

Offline xjsb125

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • An Our Lady Peace Fan Forum
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 03:08:27 AM »
Like others said, it doesn't look like a camera body vibration to me - it looks like the OIS reacting.

Please turn off OIS when on tripod (not only because of vibrations...)

I'm afraid the footage is not salvageable, sorry. BTW the problem should be easily seen on the cam's monitor while recording...

Yes, lesson learned. Unfortunately I used that static shot while I was up front taking photos, then out in the crowd doing video so I had no idea what was going on with the picture until I got home.
"I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life, the way I want to."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com