Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Small windscreens (thin) to AKG CK61  (Read 8217 times)

Offline adrianf74

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Small windscreens (thin) to AKG CK61
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 04:00:31 PM »
Just ordered 2 B1's from a Schoeps seller/store in Sweden. $6 a piece, instead of $13 as on the sites I found when using google (US-stores).

Will let you know the result as soon as the outdoor-season starts :)

So what was the outcome?

I am looking for the same,small windscreens for AKG ck61 actives for stxxxth.

Anyone?

I used to use AT8159's when I had my actives... and will likely go back to those unless somebody else can offer a better, equally inexpensive option.
Camera: DJI Osmo Action 4 | Mics: (under construction) Line Audio CM3 | Decks: (under construction) | Power: (under construction)

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 06:09:12 PM »
From Schoeps' Web site: "The B 1 ... is especially suitable for protecting a capsule from rosin dust when attached to a string instrument (e.g. with the VA 1 violin mount) and as a hygiene protection."

The "B" in its product designation stands for "Besprechungsschutz" ("Schutz" = protection, "Besprechung" = being spoken into / at). Schoeps' actual windscreens all have product names starting with "W" ("Windschutz").

Is it better than nothing when there's wind or air conditioning? Yes, but not by much; you're playing the odds that there will be only very minimal, gentle air currents, just at the margin of what the microphone's built-in screening could have handled anyway. Also, a "Besprechungsschutz" generally is designed to protect the capsule from moving air that strikes it more or less on-axis. Wind currents don't respect that assumption, though.

--best regards
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:38:07 PM by DSatz »
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 03:02:24 AM »
For my purposes the B1's have been successful if you ask me. I have, however, not been using them on a stormy show - but the big problem is really not getting the wind in the microphones itself - but the sound from the PA will be the big problem... really nothing you can do about that anyway...

/Jonas

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.162 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com