Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CDA to WAV  (Read 2145 times)

Offline zupanic

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
CDA to WAV
« on: March 03, 2015, 03:05:52 PM »
I have some old masters (well, MiniDisc to CDA) that are in CDA format which is what an old stand-alone Philips CD burner used. They were digitally transferred from MD to CDA and I'd love to turn them into WAV.
Tried Audacity, Traders Little Helper, and Wavelab 6 with no luck. Is there any software which can change these to WAV format ? My only other option is to transfer them in real time via analog cable to my
portable field recorder.
I have a couple fairly rare moe. and Gov't Mule masters from 2000 to work on and would rather not use an analog cable.
any help appreciated.

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: CDA to WAV
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »
CDA is normal audio format, rip them with EAC.
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 03:32:42 PM »
I have some old masters (well, MiniDisc to CDA) that are in CDA format which is what an old stand-alone Philips CD burner used. They were digitally transferred from MD to CDA and I'd love to turn them into WAV.
Tried Audacity, Traders Little Helper, and Wavelab 6 with no luck. Is there any software which can change these to WAV format ? My only other option is to transfer them in real time via analog cable to my
portable field recorder.
I have a couple fairly rare moe. and Gov't Mule masters from 2000 to work on and would rather not use an analog cable.
any help appreciated.

If you stll have the MDs, I can Transfer them to 16/44 WAV w/o any CD Burning or analog steps...  Sony MD > Toslink > HOSA > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2...

If not, use EAC as recommended above...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline zupanic

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 04:42:32 PM »
thanks guys!
I recently got a new computer and have yet to put EAC on it since I don't really burn CD's much any more.
Will give that a shot.

Offline Gene Poole

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 11:36:45 PM »
You should be able to load them in Audacity.  Just load as raw audio at 44100, 2 ch, 16 bit and (I think) big endian.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com