Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Portable Playback, Just need My Iphone now.  (Read 4241 times)

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
Portable Playback, Just need My Iphone now.
« on: August 11, 2016, 01:27:25 AM »
I used to have portable players, dacs, battery packs etc for my on the go listening needs.
Now it's only one....my Iphone 6, nothing else.

I got the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter which has both a USB port and a lightning port
so you can charge your phone while you are playing audio, well worth the 10 extra dollars to
get the extra charging port.
I plug my Dragonfly USB DAC-Headphone Amp into the USB port and i'm ready to listen.
I picked the cheaper Dragonfly Black because it has an analog volume control which better
suits my Shure 530 earbuds. The more expensive Dragonfly Red can power full size headphones like my Senn 650's

Having so many files in flac format and being tired of converting to ALAC, i got IOS FLAC Player APP
This can transfer over WIFi flacs from your computer to your phone.
I also use JRiver Media Center to stream flacs to my phone.

http://www.audioquest.com/dragonfly-series/
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flac-player/id390532592?mt=8

music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
Re: Portable Playback, Just need My Iphone now.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 09:11:13 AM »
thanks for the input on the Dragonfly. It looks like I may be buying one soon!     :headphones:
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline Perry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »
BTW- I listened to your recording of Tab Benoit at Sellersville-- sounds awesome, thank you for doing that.
"It hurts to lean back in handcuffs..."
^^~~~~~~~Todd Snider~~~~~~~^^

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 08:36:37 PM »
I see you have a photo in the player. 

I'm trying to add album artwork to a folder of flac files with no success.  File is in the list of collections but for some reason it doesn't transfer over to the folder the tunes are in.  I followed the advice of naming the artwork same as the folder--no go.

And FWIW, my dragonfly is blue, not green :headphones:
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline edtyre

• Trade Count: (85)
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 06:03:55 PM »

I'm trying to add album artwork to a folder of flac files with no success.  File is in the list of collections but for some reason it doesn't transfer over to the folder the tunes are in.  I followed the advice of naming the artwork same as the folder--no go.

I have a .jpg file in each folder for artwork, but my files have the artwork embedded 
via tagging beforehand. That might be the difference. My Dragonfly is green because
the file I'm playing is 44.1, yours is blue because it's 48.0, Amber is 88.2, Magenta 96.0
music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 06:52:20 PM »
Thanks!

I did see the tags in the files for music which helps them to be combined into a folder in the app--I'm not sure how to add the right tag so the pic shows up. 

The DAC does make a difference though I can hear.  Pretty happy with it.

I have a .jpg file in each folder for artwork, but my files have the artwork embedded 
via tagging beforehand. That might be the difference. My Dragonfly is green because
the file I'm playing is 44.1, yours is blue because it's 48.0, Amber is 88.2, Magenta 96.0
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 10:16:23 PM »
Got a reply back from the app developer.  Told me how to add photos for my albums.  Edit, merge folders music and picture and that's it.  It works  :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com