Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 1/8th" Walkman headphone output needs repair  (Read 40 times)

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
1/8th" Walkman headphone output needs repair
« on: Yesterday at 11:46:27 PM »
Hey all,

I have a two-year-old Sony Walkman that I take to work and run through the 1/8" input jack on my delivery van.  (I deliver auto parts from a wholesale auto parts supplier and drive their vans to deliver to dealerships and independant repair shops.) My weekly mileage is about 1,200 miles.)

It's been really nice to be able to listen to FLAC while at work, especially shows that I have recently worked on.

Since I have to take it with me at the end of the day (don't want it stolen) I have to plug the cable in and out each day. This is putting a lot of wear on the walkman's headphone output. Lately I have noticed that the headphone output jack on the Walkman is loose and most likely needs to be resoldered because the sound keeps dropping out. Sometimes it won't play at all.

Can this be repaired, and if so, who should I take it to? I have a 256 gig micro flash card plus the internal memory so I can go a long time without loading new music. I priced a new one at Amazon and they are about $328 which seems like a needless expenditure if mine can be repaired. Could a cell phone repair shop fix this?

The Walkman will work with bluetooth headphones but, in CA, wearing headphones in the car is illegal so that is out.

I figured that someone here would have an answer for this. Thanks in advance,

OldNeumanntapr-

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com