Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Program For Mixing 3 or 4 Channels Into 2

(1/3) > >>

nak700s:
I've often been recording more than 2-mic, stereo recordings lately, and want to find an easy but versatile program for post production.
I am either running a right and left into my line in from the soundboard in addition to left and right mics (4 channels) or
I'm running a right and left from the soundboard into my line ins with a single mic for a crowd mix (3 channels).

What I need should be obvious to those who do this.  Essentially, I need to mix down to 2 channels, while properly blending the 3 or 4 recorded channels.

I am currently using Audacity, which I find to be a pain in the ass.  Suggestions would be nice, and free programs would be better than nice.

Thanks in advance...

admkrk:
I think Audacity is about it for free, without pirating something.

I have never used Reaper, but many others here do. If I was in the market, that is what I would check out first. https://www.reaper.fm/
You get a 60 day trial, and a license is only $60 after that.

jbell:
Wavelab6 is great for matrixing shows!! 

Life In Rewind:
Audacity is so easy...import your files...slide them into sync, mix to taste using the fader- and export...

Pretty you wont find an easier workflow...

voltronic:

--- Quote from: Life In Rewind on August 12, 2017, 08:42:29 AM ---Audacity is so easy...import your files...slide them into sync, mix to taste using the fader- and export...

Pretty you wont find an easier workflow...

--- End quote ---

But OP clearly doesn't agree, and is looking for other recommendations, so...

Reaper.  That is always my answer.  Easy to use, very inexpensive, runs on everything, no arbitrary track count or other limitations.
Here are some helpful links specific to concert editing.

I don't know of anything else free besides Audacity which is a great app, but compared to a full-out DAW like Reaper it becomes cumbersome to use as track counts increase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version