Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wireless Board Feed  (Read 10095 times)

Offline picklemic

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Wireless Board Feed
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 01:43:36 AM »
Still an issue trying to do a matrix recording when you then have two unsynced sources.  I am trying to avoid having to match them up in post when they won't be locked together and one or the other sources may drift. I was hoping there was a reasonably affordable wireless technology fix available, but perhaps not.

If you don't want to deal with the delay thing or syncing up 2 sources. I don't. The answer is simple. Run mics on stage and run the cords to where the board is. That sort of thing has always worked out good for me. I like having the sound guy send me a feed from the snake to the stage and record from there. That usually requires a pair of  female to female barrel XLR's @ the board and a pair of male to male XLR's to get from the stage snake to my deck. Don't forget about asking if there are 2 spare channels in the snake for you to use. It can make the impossible possible. You guys know all this though!!! 
AKG 522 c the pickle,v2,v3,R 44

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Wireless Board Feed
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Still an issue trying to do a matrix recording when you then have two unsynced sources.  I am trying to avoid having to match them up in post when they won't be locked together and one or the other sources may drift. I was hoping there was a reasonably affordable wireless technology fix available, but perhaps not.

If you don't want to deal with the delay thing or syncing up 2 sources. I don't. The answer is simple. Run mics on stage and run the cords to where the board is. That sort of thing has always worked out good for me. I like having the sound guy send me a feed from the snake to the stage and record from there. That usually requires a pair of  female to female barrel XLR's @ the board and a pair of male to male XLR's to get from the stage snake to my deck. Don't forget about asking if there are 2 spare channels in the snake for you to use. It can make the impossible possible. You guys know all this though!!!

If it is doable I usually do this the other way around. Send my onstage mics back through the snake to the board and get a patch there. Less turnarounds and adapters. Wireless would be sweet though...
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com