Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AT853Rx Cable  (Read 1537 times)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
AT853Rx Cable
« on: May 07, 2005, 03:18:37 PM »
OK, I've posted this question in Team AT and Team Stealth with no response, so hopefully this works.

I just got the AT853Rx mics in the mail yesterday. As some of you will know, they come with a 25' cable. WAY too much for stealthing. I want to shorten them. Is it as easy as it looks? Unscrew the 3 screws on the outside of the power module, unscrew the 3 screws inside, and resolder? Please help, I'd like to use these tomorrow night.

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: AT853Rx Cable
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 03:51:35 PM »
yes, I did that with my old set....cut the cable to length and reattach as it was prior...though the only thing I soldered was to "tin" the wires....the fitting inside the unit was just a small screw that held each of the three wires in place

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Real men wear kilts.
Re: AT853Rx Cable
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 04:16:03 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks and +T. I was wondering if the 3 internals were holding the wires in place or if they were soldered.

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com