Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: D-100 DAT Recorder v Nomad Jukebox 3  (Read 2298 times)

Offline stunt_show

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
D-100 DAT Recorder v Nomad Jukebox 3
« on: August 26, 2003, 06:54:05 AM »
Hi there,

Thanks to those who have previously assisted me with replies.

I am looking to buy (used) Sound Professionals Premium Binaural mics in a croakies-type setup....

To complement them (my main use for recording will be stealth) I have narrowed down my search to either a D-100 Sony DAT Recorder or the Nomad Jukebox 3.

I would be looking to buy the DAT Recorder used, or the Nomad either new or possibly via eBay refurbished.

Is it just a matter of personal preference or is there more to it for what is the best way to go?  I am a complete newbie, yet to record 1 second of live music.

I do want something that will allow me to upload digitally to my computer to then burn to CD-R easily (for live music trading), so that is a major factor - also it needs to be stealthy enough.  I have heard the NJB3 is a little bulky?

Thoughts would be appreciated from the experienced Recorders out there, particularly if you are an advocate of one medium over the other.

I have not much idea about battery or mic powering and would appreciate any suggestions on minimum type setups to get good results as a beginning taper.  What other cords / cables or battery packs etc do you recommend I look for and where from (online) to buy from if possible.

Thanks for the space!

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:D-100 DAT Recorder v Nomad Jukebox 3
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 07:01:57 AM »
be careful with the sound pro mics, some of them are under-powered which is evident in the tapes they produce.

You will be happy with the ease in which the JB3 transfers to your PC, but the stealthability all depends on the size of you balls ;)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 08:29:42 AM »
The D100 if bought with all the accessories (either new or used) will give you a LCD remote, which is key for stealthing...since you can check your levels without looking at the deck.

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 04:26:48 PM »
The D100 if bought with all the accessories (either new or used) will give you a LCD remote, which is key for stealthing...since you can check your levels without looking at the deck.

yeah, the LCD remote is sweet, I have this with my MD and it saves on moving the deck so much

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.236 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com