Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anyone purchased a 1080p HDTV yet?  (Read 54225 times)

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: anyone purchased a 1080p HDTV yet?
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2008, 11:58:06 AM »
Did anyone see Michael Scott's $200 wall-mounted plasma on the Dinner Party? He called it a plasma but it looks like a 15" LCD.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2008, 07:17:25 PM »
Ha!  That episode was great.  I'm so happy that show is back on the air.

Well, I ended up getting the 720p Sony Bravia KDL-40S3000 LCD.  Saw that sears had it for $1200, plus I have a friend that works there that gave me his 10% off discount, in addition to the 18 months same as cash deal they had going on.  Its only 38" wide, so it fits perfectly in the cabinet with an inch to spare on both sides.

I didn't want to get last years model at first, but couldn't beat the price and it got great reviews.  It did take me about 20 minutes of sitting on the floor and staring at it to convince me at the store though.  I calibrated based on what some people had suggested on avsforum, although I've yet to pull out a real calibration disc.  It looks great though, I'm quite pleased.

Haven't ran a good hd signal to it yet, right now we just have regular cable hooked up to it, however, it picks up digital channels from that and plays as hd.  Watched Desperate Housewives in HD last night and I thought it looked good.  how that HD differs from what I have coming from HD DVR I don't know?  Gotta get that all sorted out shortly.  I also hooked up my laptop via hdmi and that looked great as well, although the hd videos I have didn't look as good playing through the lappy as they do the xbox360 on my main tv.

Now I need to figure out if its worth to put another 360 in there, or buy a PS3.  I'm trying to find out what filetypes the PS3 can stream over a network, but everything I've found talking about it seems to be from summer of last year.  It'd be nice if the PS3 could do everything the 360 can do, that way I could have that toy as well.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
it can, and then some. starting with being the only bluray live! currently out on the street...

lots of info in the pb forum (or hit me with a pm if you cant find it)...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »
it can, and then some. starting with being the only bluray live! currently out on the street...

Woo!  Download trailers at 10k/sec!  Bluray Live Rocks! ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2008, 11:09:59 AM »

I guess I need to do some reading!  I may be bugging you though to find out more info, I'll check out the pb forum first though.  Thanks for the heads up.

I'm thinking I might forgo the hd dvr for the bedroom after I heard the price of it, an extra $26 a month on top of the already $150 cable/internet bill.  Thats ridiculous!

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com