Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Too many choices, what should I run tonight for Codetalkers. Blumlein???  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Ok so I want to run blumlein tonight with my LSD2 for Codetalkers.  I am not sure however if that is the best bet for this particular situation.  I have yet to run blumlein or MS, and I really want to try both soon.

Tonights show is in Richmond at the Cary St. Cafe.  It is a small dead head bar.  I saw them there in march and I ran km140s pointed at the stacks about 12 feet from the stage.  The acoustics of the bar don't really come into play because they have a real nice PA and you are so damn close to the sound source.  This recording is amazing, IMHO.  I want to try something different tonight, preferably with my LSD2.  It is a very chatty bar during the show, but in the km140 recording you only hear it a little bit.  Like I said you are really freaking close to the PAs so the music pretty much eliminates the majority of the chattyness, with the cards.

Would blumlein be my best bet in this situation, or should I try my first MS recording?  The other thing I was thinking is that I bet running subcard with the 414s would rock ass too! 

HELP!!!  Too many options, what the hell do I do?  TAPER GEEKS OF SUNDAY MORNING...UNITE AND PROVIDE ADVICE FOR YOUR BELOVED BROTHER.  I need opinions please.

Thanks,
Joe
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
Not really a suggestion, but I ran the 414s blumlein right at stage lip for a instrumental group Fri night in a very chatty bar.  The recording came out wonderful but the rear capsules did a good job of picking some of the chatter up even though I was only a few feet from the instruments/amps. 

I'm wondering now if I would've ran the subs XY, if that would have helped.

How sensitive is the LSD2 compared to the 414s?
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star

How sensitive is the LSD2 compared to the 414s?

By spec, not as sensitive.  But by spec what is as sensitive as the 414s.
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com